Street Fighter Alpha 3

shadez3

Was the Street Fighter Alpha 3 that was released on Dreamcast ever in the arcades? I have searched for that rom for years and can only find the one Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 3 rom....

The dreamcast version had the extra fighters and animations....

Figure this is the best site for news regarding emulation and hopefully someone can tell me that its out there....

Thank you

Shadez3

Edited by shadez3

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear....I already have the bought version of the dreamcast SFA3...I was told that it was a port of the latest arcade version from Japan...

I want that Japan Arcade rom....that is what I'm asking about...

Shadez3

yes it was released on arcade. All it had was a few characters, more stages and Karin's boat stage...it was titled Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper and it only came out in japan. And NO the game will not be dumped any soon for any emulator because it runs on NAOMI hardware, which I believe was discussed before

NAOMI is basically a dreamcast only more powerful and a lot bigger(and more expensive) and it uses the same logo as dreamcast. Many more games these days use the sega naomi hardware, for ex, Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Capcom vs SNK, Capcom vs SNK Pro(only on arcade in japan), Capcom vs SNK 2, Guilty Gear X, Guilty Gear X2, Virtua Striker 2, etc, etc. Its much too powerful to emulate these days