if you love snk...

Soundboz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why do you pirate their flocking games and not just spend money for them.

i can tell you why.

i dont own a ps2. i own an xbox. if playmore would release some games for the xbox id buy them in a heartbeat. but as it stands, im not willing to spend at least 100 dollars on a neogeo, or several hundred dollars for an mvs. and THEN spend upwards of 500 dollars for a single cartridge.

if they want people to stop emulating, they should diversify.

If Europe would start getting more releases and more SNK games would be released here for the PSX/PS2, I would definitely buy them instead of emulating them. But no. Not in a %¤%& million years.

Europe always gets those crappy NHL/FIFA/NFL every year. Where are those good RPGs (excluding FF) that Japan and the US get? Disgaea? Chrono Cross? Xenosaga? Only in recent weeks I've started to see a huge amount of Baidai games finding their way here.

i can tell you why.

i dont own a ps2. i own an xbox. if playmore would release some games for the xbox id buy them in a heartbeat. but as it stands, im not willing to spend at least 100 dollars on a neogeo, or several hundred dollars for an mvs. and THEN spend upwards of 500 dollars for a single cartridge.

if they want people to stop emulating, they should diversify.

Then at least adknowladge what you are doing is ILLEGAL.

Do people that download roms not know that they are stealing? it's the equivilant of shoplifting.

All I'm saying is that

1.) at least try to buy something from snk once in a while

2.) don't complain when you can't find a rom.

:D

I'll would support SNK more if they would sell home ports at an affordable price and on installed consoles, not requiring us to find an old Dreamcast and import titles. Or the NeoGeo which somehow still has the same high cost of ownership that it did upon launching. The new PS2 releases could be starting a trend, but SNK has to keep delivering or they'll end up going under again. Not because of emulation, but because of failing to please consumers.

I emulate because there are no arcades around me, the NeoGeo isn't exactly easy to go out and buy, nor are the rediculously priced titles that run almost as much as an entire console off the shelf.

I'm definitely getting KOF2000/KOF2001 once the Best Buy near me has one in stock. I'm stuck using Best Buy Reward Zone coupons, otherwise I'd just get it online. I also plan on getting both SVC and KOF2002, possibly KOF2003 towards next Fall when it may be released on the PS2. As far as Metal Slug 3, I hesitate to buy that particular releeas. They really needed to make a compilation pack like they did with KOF2000/KOF2001. Metal Slug 3 all by itself isn't worth the price. They needed to throw in at least one other Slug title. Maybe they will make an MSlug 1, 2 and X pack, then a 4 & 5 later on. As of now, Metal Slug 3 is too short and doesn't provide enough to warrant the asking price. $20 is the most that game should fetch considering what next-gen games offer for full price.

All of the games listed above I emulate, and I intend on buying the PS2 ports anyway. Ports are all I've got, since arcades are going under left and right except in big major cities. Though anyone can find Galaga at every laundromat in the country.

Well, I don't own an aes system myself but my cousin does and I go over his house to play some KOF sometimes.

I love SNK no doubt about that, one of the reasons why i use emulater is cuz USA is all about CAPCOM.except san fran meteron and other select arcades in the bay area barely have any SNK games. Hell, i remmeber fuking playing MVS in asian runned LAUNDRY mats :P

While i do play roms and emulators i keep in mind the whole company going out of business and arcades dying factor.

i have (and i'm sure of my count) spent more money on mvs arcade and other arcade games than the games themselves probably cost.

so i don't really have a guilty coincience