Video Card

Hi everyone, I want to buy a new video card but i do not know which ones to buy.

Please give me some tips on the BEST performance and BEST price.

I read the book on my mother board and I can only use 4x AGP <_<

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wold recommend a radeon product from ati, they are gr8 besides i read that geforce fx cards are havingn problems with directx on the other hand they have a gr8 tv out quality because they made the tv out parts by themselves unlike other companies.

ati has extremely poor driver support, and on the whole, ive been rather indifferent about the radeon 9000 64mb i bought for my mame cabinet. however, i got it for less than $100 (60, i think), and for playing mame roms and neogeo games it works spectacularly.

im not sure how much they cost, but if you want a good gaming card, go for the geforce4 ti 4200 or 4400 w/ 128mb ram. unless you plan on playing half life 2 at 1600X1200 resolution, one of those will give you all you'll need for a couple years.

EDIT: as of right now on pricewatch.com the gf4 ti4800 is $129.00, the ti4200 128mb is $92.00, and the radeon 9000 64mb is $65.00

Edited by ovalprocess

for the best performance/price relatioship the radeon 9600Pro is a must have (especially the Club3D one has it also overclocks pretty nice) it should cost around $150 and you're sure to get more that enough "power", unless you are a 3dmark geek <_<

Radeon 9600 pro!!! all the way.

Or if you can afford a little bit more go for a Radeon 9600 XT!!!!!!!!!

In english money there about 140 pund.,.

This card never ever fails me i can throw any game at it ANY!!!!:-]

It not fussy about what it plays, only exspetions are Grand theft auto city [1 meg patch sorted it straight out!!]

And splinter cell all i had to do was turn down my ANTI analising and it worked 100%%

Spend more than 100 dolors and you will have a card for a long time...

Spend money on a low ass card and you will forever be upgrading [ i know]

I've also got an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. Its been working good for me :P If your gaming, make sure you keep your RAM high. I'm gonna upgrade from my 256, I'll probably get another 512.

thanks guys for all the info...

but i looked into these cards that you guys are telling me about and they all read 8x agp

what will happen if i use it on my system that can only use 4x agp

but that ATI radon 9000 64 Mb is 4x agp and for a hecka good price too :P

Violence my motherboard is only 4 times [dam english keyboard can not do a times sign] Times AGP.

No problems, hell even halo runs fast. :-]

kurupter13

Your machine will eat HALF LIFE 2 for breakfast ;-] your talking 50 FPS at minimum.

Violence, join the world that is Radeon my dad just bought an Nvidia he has problems all the time, now i am not dissing NVIDIA I know they are very very good cards, its just that when i purchased my radeon 95% of my gaming torubles were over it was pure gaming bliss so it stems from the fact my first awesome exsperiance with a pc was with radeon and thats why i am the radeon fan boy or some crap like that :-]