A N00b in need

Hello. Im new. after doing a search for Dreamcast stuff, i stumbled across this forum and it looked as if the perfect resource i was looking for. i got a DC yesterday, im sure the manufacturer date is correct. it is Nov. 1999. i have many questions to ask and im hoping you can answer them

ok. i wanna get online. i read online that you can setup your computer as a dialup server which will route the dc modem to an existing broadband connection. this is a perfect solution for me since i cant pay the major bucks to get the broadband adaptor. what im asking is now what would i need to get online? what browser software? can i download it? etc.

what kinda emulators are currecntly available for the DC and how difficult are they to actually put on a cd with the game rom's included? im mainly looking for GBA,SNES,GBC,N64

how exactly does the burning proccess work to get a working cd for the DC? i got Neor 6 and Roxio (forgot the version)

regarding the web browser, is there any kind of onscreen keyboard or even a way to wok without a keyboard or mouse? cuz i dont have either one and i have no clue how soon ill get either one.

those are just a few but i assure you ill have much much more.

ok if you want to get online, request a list of user/passes from me, ill get them to you, they only work if you live in the US though, this is much easier than routing it

All the emulators are at www.dcemulation.com as well as burning guides also check www.consolevision.com

None of the emulators COME with roms, you have to supply those yourself

You should use Nero 5.5, 6 is horrible, its fairly easy to burn DC games, DAO format, enable overburning

also if you have to pick, you burn at Mode 2 (this should be automatic)

The browser on DC has an onscreen keyboard that you can use with a controller, although its better to get a keyboard adaptor and use a keyboard (mine was 2.99 US) or get a DC keyboard (mine was 5.99 US)

anymore questions just let me know :(

im still wondering how difficult it is to burn the cd's correctly. cuz from what i heard it needs to have track 1 be audio and track 2 be data. i was able to get dreamsnes working just fine, but it had a custom burning program which did all the work for me. how hard is it if i would go out and get a ripped DC game and burn it to a cd?

i dont have a browser currently, so what im wondering is whats the best and where can i get it fast and quick? (ive been waiting all day for the few i found on emule)

The music should already be in the image, if it boots, everything is perfect

The audio track much be there just because the DC looks for the audio track thats the warning message when you put your GD-ROM in a CD Player, thats all it is, nearly every image (with the exception of about 3 images) ive found have everything done for you

sometimes you need a bootdisc, but 95% of the time you dont

If you talking about taking game music out of the game, thats a whole different story, it depends on the game, or you can hook your DC up to the input jack on your sound card and record from there while having the music play

nvm. figured it out. i was going the wrong way. ive burned a few roms already with discjuggler. had to start iy up blank, go to new from the file menu, do burn cd/dvd image, put the path of the image in the box and hit start. works fine.