Computer Problems

Rag

Well this really doesn't have much to do with emulation but I thought maybe someone can help. I recently got a new video card, an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. I'm having problems with some things though. In every game I play that has a quicksave feature, everytime I quicksave for about a min or 2 after I quicksave the game gets jumpy and I guess frameskips. The jumpiness also happens sometimes when I'm not even doing anything on the desktop. The mouse just jumps around when I move it instead of going smoothly.

This also sometimes happens when loading in a game too. Its really annoying. Even older games have this problem which and they really shouldn't. Does anyone know anything that could help please?

Make sure your video drivers are up to date. (The ones off the CD that come with any video card are not up to date)

Don't be running P2P apps in the background while you play games. (If you have alot of connections, it takes a hit on CPU cycles).

Don't be running things you don't need in the background, at all.

Realize that the minimum requirements listed for a game, will not run the game acceptably, it will simply just barely run and probably not to your liking. So keep this in mind if you plan to not follow the aforementioned tips.

P.S. A new video card on an older system will perform poorly compared to a new PC.

Any less than 256mb of ram isn't a good thing with today's newer hardware and software. If you have 256mb or less, consider adding more. 512mb is a good place to be when it comes to RAM.