N64 Lovers, Theres A New Emu Leaked Out For Xbox

Prican25

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just love the fact i can finally play smash bros and goldeneye again

Goldeneye has always worked with UltraXLE, but you had to have the 12 MB ROM and not the 16 MB overdump. It runs pretty well on UltraXLE, but it did have a few bugs here and there. My biggest problem with it was that the analog control seemed a bit jumpy (i.e. when trying to do some precise aiming with the crosshairs). How does it control on the new emu?

where can I find the "Surreal" emulator for N64 on XBOX???  :)
posted by oDD on xbox-scene

Surreal64 will be officially released sometime over the next couple days when we feel its ready for the general public.

posted by oDD on xbox-scene

What can you do now to help? Dont download or spread the leak on IRC/P2P networks

So just wait until it is released officially and support the creator of this emu by not spreading it now.

Don't play :D

:(

I was checking out Surreal also. Does it matter which n64 rom you're using? because i tried out the goldeneye for the goodn64 that i got from emu-russia and that didn't work but i got the v64 version of goldeneye and that work but was laggy. Also after choosing a game, they give u 3 choices 1964, project 64, and ultra. Which one would i choose to play these games?

Edited by kaitenshin

Yes, it does matter. There are two versions of the Goldeneye ROM... a 12 MB version and a 16 MB version. The 16 MB version is an overdump and will likely fail everytime. The UltraXLE engine should run Goldeneye very well.

Also, I want to point out one thing. This leaked version is using an older version of the 1964 emulator! A new version of 1964 for the PC was released on January 1st (1964) and this new version will be incorporated into the official public release of Surreal64. The final version is set to be launched in a few days. So if you are using the leak you will want to update as soon as the new version hits (it's supposed to be much better... the new 1964 engine that is).

Edited by Thraxen

thanks for the link man!

I was against this leak at first, well I spose I still am cause the 2 people who actually made it (oDD and Lantus) didn't have anything to do with the leak.

anyway I gave it a bash and it aint bad!

Rayman 2 runs beautifully! screw mario 64 cause this is heaps better.