Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Possible to change internal titleid of kawa-x xbe?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

justin_k

justin_k

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts
Click to view battle stats
the.ini rom directory has nothing to do with it.
I have two seperate instances of kawa-x running, one with the full regular romset and another with the "banned" roms. Whenever you generate a romlist for one of the versions, it overwrites the old romset data (romset.dat saved in the TDATA dir).

And Im sure the source isnt required to make a titleid change. Was just asking if its possible to change the titleid using a hex editor or something similar

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts

Whenever you generate a romlist for one of the versions, it overwrites the old romset data (romset.dat saved in the TDATA dir)

yes and thats normal cuz for kawa-x se to run cetain games (svc's and rotd) they have to be overwriten. its still not a big issue as is cuz once you press x, the roms will then show and be working as is

seriously, this is nothing more then being picky at something that really doesn't matter lol. just enjoy the fact that you can play the banned games as is

faceless

faceless

Novice

• Members
  • 26 posts
0x180 7EFA0000
i changed mine to 8EFA0000 so now Kawa-X SE saves to /E/TDATA/0000fa8e/

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts

seriously, this is nothing more then being picky at something that really doesn't matter lol. just enjoy the fact that you can play the banned games as is

Picky or not, he doesn't want to keep hitting rescan when it takes KawaX a while to scan through his thousands of ROMs. You don't have all your ROMs in one spot so it only takes a split second to scan. He does have them all grouped together and would like to be able to avoid having to rescan each time since it takes longer than normal.

Faceless,

Could you please tell us how you did it?

faceless

faceless

Novice

• Members
  • 26 posts
d'oh, i thought i made it clear in the last post... 0x180 in the default.xbe for Kawa-X SE

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts
Yeah, but where is that in the xbe? Did you change it using a standard hex editor or did you use dexbe? I need to know more details on where and how, not just what to put :D

faceless

faceless

Novice

• Members
  • 26 posts
standard hex editor on the default.xbe
at 0x00000180
the data there is 7EFA0000
i changed mine to 8EFA0000
now Kawa-X SE saves to /E/TDATA/0000fa8e/

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts
It worked! Thanks! I'm sure justin_k will be pleased to hear this as well.

justin_k

justin_k

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts
doh!
right after I spend about an hour manually extracting all my CPS1/2/Neogeo roms from my gigantic rom directory
hehe :D

Thanks for the tip, gonna try out the hexedit right now.

justin_k

justin_k

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 5 posts
Works great :D

If anyone here needs a good freewave hex editor to do this for thier xbe's try HHD Hex Editor, the line to edit is near the top of the screen, quick and painless.

somecninj

somecninj

Novice

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:paintball, tv, the internet, programming, video games, good music, hockey.

faceless Posted on Jan 2 2004, 09:05 PM
  standard hex editor on the default.xbe
at 0x00000180
the data there is 7EFA0000
i changed mine to 8EFA0000
now Kawa-X SE saves to /E/TDATA/0000fa8e/ 

COOL! Thanks for the tip faceless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users