Nero 6 Does work for iso Burning

I found this.txt when i downloaded tokyo extreme racer 2

*** UPDATED 11-25-03! See notes about Nero 6 Ultra! ***

A brief guide on Da1m0n's Dreamcast game rips

---------------------------------------------

After putting up my first few DC games on suprnova, a lot of people in the forums complained about having all sorts of problems burning them correctly so that they would work. This rather surprised me, so to this end I'm compiling a few helpful tips in this guide. Corrections and additions are more than welcome; you know where to find me.

General info:

All of my rips are done by myself with Nero 5.5.10.42 from 100% tested and working CDR games. All of them are selfbooting and include the game music (CD audio tracks) if there ever was any. Wherever possible, I have downloaded original Echelon/Kalisto/etc. releases and applied all the important patches that can be found at http://www.dccopyworld.com/ - note, though, that all of my games are meant to run on an NTSC Dreamcast. Some have selectable 50Hz/60Hz modes, some don't, and a few may not run in RGB/VGA video modes.

Also note that all games WILL fit on 700MB/80-minute discs, though some require slight overburning. You will NEVER need 90-minute discs or other such silliness.

How to ensure a successful burn:

Use Nero 5.5.10.42 (or a newer 5.5.x.x) whenever possible. Older 5.5.x.x versions of Nero may have problems with the images, so if you encounter strange errors - particularly an "Unexpected Exception," but also misreported image sizes - you will have to update. Even 5.5.9.x is probably too old already.

Turn any and all wizards off, and ensure that Nero is running in full mode rather than Express mode (whether you use a registered version or the 30-day trial). Otherwise, important options may not be accessible to you.

To set up Nero for overburning, select the Expert Features tab in the Preferences dialog, enable overburning and set the overburn time to 82:00:00.

From the File menu, select "Burn Image," and once you load the.nrg image, !!!MAKE SURE!!! to set the write method to Disc-At-Once/96 (the 96 is key here). This is necessary for correct session offsets, otherwise your DC will not boot the burned CD (even with the help of a boot disc). Regular Disc-At-Once may in some instances work fine (depending on your PC setup and CDRW drive) but is not guaranteed. As a matter of fact, regular DAO does not allow overburning whereas DAO/96 does.

Other options:

*** UPDATE ***

According to the latest feedback I've gotten, Nero 6 Ultra DOES work well for Dreamcast games. The trick is that you have to use DAO instead of DAO/96 to burn the image correctly - the exact OPPOSITE of what you should do in Nero 5.5! This is a bit surprising, but they seem to have made changes in the burning engine fundamental enough to explain this. So, to recap: When using Nero 5.5, burn in DAO/96. When using Nero 6, burn in DAO only!

*** END OF UPDATE ***

Alcohol 120% appears to be a favorite alternative among users for burning Nero images. You should use RAW-DAO mode, rather than RAW-SAO, for burning. Since I've never used Alcohol 120%, I'm not aware of any other options that may need set.

DaemonTools may be used to mount an.nrg image and burn it with DiscJuggler or the like, if you're more comfortable with that method. Again, I know nothing about that :) so you'll have to post any questions to the suprnova forums.

ENJOY!!

ive read this before

Nero 6 does work well, but the latest 5.5 is the most successful, easier to use

THERE IS A FLAW IN THIS GUIDE!!!

DO NOT BURN THESE IMAGES IN /96 MODE THEY DONT WORK!!! BURN THEM IN REGULAR DAO MODE!!!!

Every time i use /96 mode they either dont work at all or are a pain in the ass to get working, every time i use regular DAO mode, they work flawlessly.

Just a warning...

you can get the Nero update from www.nero.com, dont get ANYTHING off kazaa, its like 75% bullcrap that either doesnt work or is a virus

I just got the Demo of Nero from nero.com, installed, got the update from nero.com, installed, then i "bought" it from some program i downloaded on google which gave me a serial :lol: