Xbox Questions

Well My old Xbox broke (dont even ask how hehe) and i just bought a new one I got the controller S with Tetris and Star Wars blah blah 2 months xbox live whatever

anyway now i have some questions,

Can i get Xbox live to work on Dialup? I know it will be slow i wil mostly be using it for content downloads anyway, I was thinking of dialing onto the internet with my PC then using a crossover cable from my xbox to PC and then maybe the Xbox would think it was on a cable modem?let me know if this works and ill try it out, or if anyone has any alternate solutions (besides getting broadband...im sick of dialup im ready to start killing people hehe jk jk) please let me know!

Also what cool system mods can i do? What evil illegal/not ment to be done things can i do to it? hehe i already have some mods done (woopdeedoo my controllers light up) but i want to see whatelse i can do

Also what is a really good modchip, the one i had before was crap and i regret buying it because it would boot some of the older games but not the newer ones and it would freeze the xbox alot...POS....

As far as mods go... just go over to Xbox-Scene and looks at the tutorials section. Also, head over to XBINS.org to see all the XBOX related software available (including many emulators).

I don't really know about the whole dial-up thing. That might be possible. I do have my XBOX networked through my PC the way you are saying, but I have DSL.

I use an Xecuter 2.2 lite modchip and it has worked great for me so far.

• 2 months later...
As it pretty much says on anything xbox live DIAL UP IS NOT SUPPORTED, ONLY BROADBAND.

Don't really have anything to add to the topic, but an opinion about the aforementioned.

Would it not have been smart for Microsoft to allow dialup, but segregate dialup users from broadband users? It's very much possible, starting with a simple hardware detection - "dialup or cable modem installed?" (I know there isn't a dialup modem for Xbox).

As it's already been said, bandwidth tests are done to make sure people aren't on dialup/too slow. So if you have a really slow broadband connection, you could get tossed over into the dialup group.

Very stupid to leave dialup users out of the mix IMO, there are STILL more dialup users in the world than broadband users (By a 4:1 ratio)

Meh..........what do I care? I don't even own an Xbox teehee