Metal Slug 5 on KAWA-X

N3oGhost

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

posted by Mr X

There isn't place to add more games.  :(  :P

well then I guess its time to move on to fbax :D not really a bad thing but I still perfer kawa-x over any other neogeo emu for xbox :P

Edited by Prican25

Theres room for it if you make room. Really upto Mr. X.

How?

Get rid of one of the SVC romsets

=move ROTD from kof2k to one of the SVC locations

Place Mslug5 in kof2k set

I have heard things about ROTD not performing as it should using kof2k driver due to the lack of S rom. Metal Slug 5 has no problem running without the S rom this is why i suggest this.

Doing this you will have all of the following:

SVC of your choice (plus or bootleg) -just depends on if you want it unlocked or not

King of fighters 2k2

Metal slug4

Metal Slug5

Rage of the Dragons

Power Instinct Matrimelee

Samurai Shodown V

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon 2003

I have all of these roms running currently on my Kawa-X (not SE - me too lazy)

The only thing that i see will happen in the future for KOF2k3 is that it will take the place of CTHD2003 (which really shouldnt be supported as its not even a legit snk/playmore game - but what the hell)

Id be happy to make the changes as soon as i can. Im working on other things right now though that deal with another Emulator.

or if you don't want to remove anyroms you could always make a 2nd version of the emu ie, have kawaX SE, for svcbl, svcplus, pim, rotdn, msug4n, cthd2k3,kof2k2, samsho5, and have the 2nd one for mslug5n, and kof2k3, and whatever other games come out.

Edited by zero129

zero129 thats not a good thing :P (2 emus of the same are enough heh), if all goes well from what someone told me, fbax might be the one to use for all current and new games since you don't have to remove a game but write a driver for a new game :(

How?

I have heard things about ROTD not performing as it should using kof2k driver due to the lack of S rom. Metal Slug 5 has no problem running without the S rom this is why i suggest this.

SVC of your choice (plus or bootleg) -just depends on if you want it unlocked or not

King of fighters 2k2

Metal slug4

Metal Slug5

Rage of the Dragons

Samurai Shodown V

The only thing that i see will happen in the future for KOF2k3 is that it will take the place of CTHD2003 (which really shouldnt be supported as its not even a legit snk/playmore game - but what the hell)

Id be happy to make the changes as soon as i can. Im working on other things right now though that deal with another Emulator.

Very nice, mslug5nd needn't S1 rom, so it can run perfectly instead of kof2knd (replaced with rotdn). Then, you can add CTHD 2003 (the game isn't censored in Winkawaks 1.47) in a new default.xbe with original romsets to use it instead of garoup (Garou MotW prototype) -> You can always use garoun (Garou MotW predecrypted).

How?

King of fighters 2k2

Metal slug4

Metal Slug5

Rage of the Dragons

Samurai Shodown V

Very nice, mslug5nd needn't S1 rom, so it can run perfectly instead of kof2knd (replaced with rotdn). Then, you can add CTHD 2003 (the game isn't censored in Winkawaks 1.47) in a new default.xbe with original romsets to use it instead of garoup (Garou MotW prototype) -> You can always use garoun (Garou MotW predecrypted).

Yea, thats a good point X theres no need to run GarouP if you have Garoun.....just add cthd2k3 to your normal kawa-x.

Fantastic to hear it is running on Kawa-X. As I'm completely out of my depth when it comes to this stuff if someone could create a torrent with Kawa-X SE & Metal Slug 5 it'd be awesome.

I know it's a lot to ask but I'm sure there are other people out there who would benefit as well.

How?

King of fighters 2k2

Metal slug4

Metal Slug5

Rage of the Dragons

Samurai Shodown V

Yea, thats a good point X theres no need to run GarouP if you have Garoun.....just add cthd2k3 to your normal kawa-x.

I've noticed a small problem, mslug5nd can run without S1, but Text like "Insert coin" or "charas lifes" are missing.