registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> ARCADE 0.188 - Page 2 - ARCADE - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARCADE 0.188

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,372 posts
You need to press F5 to refresh the list and the internal cache.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,372 posts

The parent ROMset "fantasy" does not exist in ARCADE.  Instead, the parent ROMset in ARCADE for this game is "fantasyu".  So somebody must have made a mistake naming this parent.

There's no fantasy in MAME.

haynor666

haynor666

• Members+
  • 57 posts

Fantasy was in mame 187 but it was renamed to fantasyg (marked as german edition). Now fantasyu is main set.

Edited by haynor666, 27 July 2017 - 12:43 PM.

Imh0tep

Imh0tep

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 3 posts

Many thanks for this wonderful release again. I should post this more often but keep forgetting :lookaround: Arcade is superior to every other build, works perfect for me!

Chanbara

Chanbara

Novice

• Members+
  • 22 posts

The "External DAT View" is not working properly in ARCADE.  I realized it was no longer being displayed.  So I went to the Options > Directories and assigned it to where my DATs are kept, even though it showed that it was already assigned to the proper location.  And then it worked.  But once I close ARCADE and reload it, the External DAT View stops working again.  I found a temporary workaround by manually customizing the UI.ini config file by setting it to Read Only

Edited by Chanbara, 31 July 2017 - 04:13 AM.

mamesick

mamesick

• Members+
  • 56 posts

The "External DAT View" is not working properly in ARCADE.  I realized it was no longer being displayed.  So I went to the Options > Directories and assigned it to where my DATs are kept, even though it showed that it was already assigned to the proper location.  And then it worked.  But once I close ARCADE and reload it, the External DAT View stops working again.  I found a temporary workaround by manually customizing the UI.ini config file by setting it to Read Only

Sorry I cannot confirm the bug. All is fine here. I extracted ARCADE64 in an empty folder, run it and immediately pointed with "directories" the location of my DATS folder. Lauched PONG and "External DAT View" appeared and worked. Then I exited and closed all. Restarted, my settings were correctly kept and launching PONG again worked as expected.

Chanbara

Chanbara

Novice

• Members+
  • 22 posts

I did exactly what you did and the bug still occurs.  I see you are using ARCADE64.  I should have reminded you that I'm using Win XP 32-bit, hence ARCADE32.  

My DATs are kept here:  "C:\MAME Support\DATs"

And so, that's where I have my DATs pointed to.

But after I close ARCADE32, the UI.ini config file automatically edits the path to the following: 

historypath               "PX[]AME Support\DATs"

That is what is causing the bug.

mamesick

mamesick

• Members+
  • 56 posts

I tested ARCADE32 on my WIN7 machine. It works as expected so, bad news, looks like an XP specific bug. Very difficult to track down and fix. Or better, it's very likely it will be never fixed. Do you at least have an idea from which version the bug started to appear?

Sorry.

Chanbara

Chanbara

Novice

• Members+
  • 22 posts

The bug must have occurred after one of the last few MAME releases.  I stopped playing games for a few months (hence, a few MAME releases) and when I returned I noticed the bug.  I could download previous versions of ARCADE32 and test them to figure out the exact version if that would help.

It appears that in regards to ARCADE, the ui.ini file is only utilized to display the External DAT View.  There is no other use for that file in ARCADE other than for that.  Is that correct?  So if I just keep that file as a Read Only file then it shouldn't make that big a difference if the bug gets fixed or not.

Edited by Chanbara, 31 July 2017 - 10:57 PM.

mamesick

mamesick

• Members+
  • 56 posts

Yes, You can keep UI.INI read-only and live happy (for the moment....) Man, it's years I know you so don't take this suggestion in the wrong way but..... XP should go in the toilet today. It's been a very good OS but it's too outdated now. I guess you can find a cheap WIN7 machine on eBay or Amazon without problems.

As you can see, there's no more support for XP not because nobody wants to fix the bug but because it would require so much work and time that it's not worth to start to work on it.

Pardon my english.

Also consider that 32-BIT versions of official MAME will disappear soon, probably at the end of this year or in the middle of 2018. It's the Microsoft plan. Replace old Windows OSes with WIN 10 64-BIT. Old machines like the one you have, I guess an old PENTIUM 4 3.0 GHz, will go in the toilet too.

Edited by mamesick, 01 August 2017 - 07:40 AM.

haynor666

haynor666

• Members+
  • 57 posts

I'm still keeping groovymame on XP x32 so I hope support will stay as long as it can. All other machines are either on 7x64 or 10x64.

BTW. http://www.mameworld...=&Number=368427 so samples support is no longer needed :-)

BTW2. Is this http://www.mameworld...p?Number=368244 will break ARCADE32/64 ?

Edited by haynor666, 01 August 2017 - 09:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users