registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> ARCADE 0.185 - Page 2 - ARCADE - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARCADE 0.185

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

mamesick

mamesick

Novice

• Members+
  • 41 posts

Huh, Robert, looks like there's a very big breakage on the air:

https://git.redump.n...f1018cc29c16154

First step seems to be the removal of all error_string entries, then probably the RunMAME() function must be updated to new standards.

I don't know if there are other breakages, probably yes.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,320 posts
Yes I know. The breakage is so big that there's no workaround at this time. The option handling in the core has to be completely ignored and we have to write our own code. But, I'm not in the mood, as I'm looking forward to my upcoming holidays in June.

I guess I could compile a command-line version for May and onwards, but that probably wouldn't go down too well. So I think this project, along with MAMEUI and the rest will take a break.

mamesick

mamesick

Novice

• Members+
  • 41 posts

Looks like it's been reverted, due to a large amount of bugs. Well, no panic for the moment!  :nosweat:

AntoPISA

AntoPISA

Novice

• Members+
  • 21 posts
Online my packets with Snap and Titles update.

http://www.progettosnaps.net/arcade/

Edited by AntoPISA, 19 May 2017 - 12:41 PM.

haynor666

haynor666

• Members+
  • 53 posts

Robert, Dink - what exactly was changed in taito_f3 video driver.

EDIT. I see in source now:

gseeker will display continue screen in (mt 00026)

arabianm missing cutscene text

pbobble4 clipping breaks win/lose animation

line-disable breaks quizhuhu text & landmakr "you win / you lose" text

Still I don't know this will change:

- if(cx>=clip_als && cx<clip_ars && !(cx>=clip_bls && cx<clip_brs)) \
+ if(cx>=clip_als && cx<clip_ars-1 && !(cx>=clip_bls && cx<clip_brs)) \
  { \
  sprite_pri=sprite[pf_num]&m_pval; \
  if(sprite_pri) \
@@ -1404,7 +1404,7 @@
  }

#define UPDATE_PIXMAP_LP(pf_num) \
- if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \
+ if (cx>=m_clip_al##pf_num && cx<m_clip_ar##pf_num-1 && !(cx>=m_clip_bl##pf_num && cx<m_clip_br##pf_num)) \

Edited by haynor666, 21 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

mamesick

mamesick

Novice

• Members+
  • 41 posts

These two "-1" pixel line changes break a lot of title screens. They should be removed from ARCADE as they were rejected from official MAME too. The rest of the kludges seems to work though, so maybe a bit of testing should be made.

Edited by mamesick, 21 May 2017 - 01:55 PM.

haynor666

haynor666

• Members+
  • 53 posts

I wonder what this part of code was trying to fix. Is it worth for break some title screens in favor of fixing some gameplay.

mamesick

mamesick

Novice

• Members+
  • 41 posts

I wonder what this part of code was trying to fix. Is it worth for break some title screens in favor of fixing some gameplay.

HACKS should be used to fix games but without break others, otherwise it's better keep things as they are. My opinion and my policy when I used to include hacks in my MAMEUIFX.

Actually, the code used here in ARCADE seems better than the one that was also submitted to official source and rejected and that I used to test games. I have no idea the real meaning of that "-1" change though I know Dink is registered here too and maybe he can explain.

dany777

dany777

Beginner

• Members+
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:The best MAME i know

There is a problem that keeps happening to me

Yesterday i got a Steam Controller, so i decided to try Arcade with it, so i need to go in Big Picture mode to make the controller works, but everytime i try to start a game, the emulator crashes, i tried different video modes but that didint worked

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,320 posts
I know that quizhuhu suffered some sort of problem with dink's change so I just now changed that one back.

If you guys can test the others and let me know if there's any regressions in the next few days, then I can remove the hacks affecting them too.

Or, if you think the whole thing is stuffed I'll just revert the entire taito_f3 source back to what MAME uses.

mamesick

mamesick

Novice

• Members+
  • 41 posts

I did some tests and the ARABIANM kludge and the GSEEKER one are safe and works. The one for PBOBBLE4 seems to break other things in the game or maybe I'm not too familiar with it.

The mentioned above "-1" change is a mistery but until Dink appear here to explain what it does really, I would keep it out for the  moment.

Here's a patch of what should be kept in your source. "<" means lines to add, ">" means lines to remove. Number of lines are at the top of each change.

A strange patch format, I know but I'm in a hurry and no time to use the GCC "diff -Nru" command.

2073,2074d2072
< 		if (m_f3_game == ARABIANM) line_enable = 1; // kludge: arabianm missing cutscene text april.21.2017_dink
< 
2346,2355c2344,2347
< 						if (m_f3_alpha_level_2as==0 && m_f3_alpha_level_2ad==255)
< 						{
< 							if (m_f3_game == GSEEKER)  /* will display continue screen in gseeker (mt 00026) */
< 							{
< 								alpha_mode[i]=3; 
< 								alpha_mode_flag[i] |= 0x80;
< 							}
< 							else 
< 								alpha_mode[i]=0;
< 						}
---
> 						/* if (m_f3_alpha_level_2as==0   && m_f3_alpha_level_2ad==255)
> 						 *     alpha_mode[i]=3; alpha_mode_flag[i] |= 0x80;}
> 						 * will display continue screen in gseeker (mt 00026) */
> 						if     (m_f3_alpha_level_2as==0   && m_f3_alpha_level_2ad==255) alpha_mode[i]=0;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users