registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> Arcade FX Pratabout (Prototype) - ARCADE - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Arcade FX Pratabout (Prototype)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

TEOL

TEOL

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 6 posts

Had a pratabout for the sake of it using oldschool M1FX and the latest MAME Code to attempt a source code for the dream game audio player.

Might be impossible but who cares if someone can build the dream software out of my code setup then at least I achived something from making this proto in the first place.

Nobody else has tried anything at all to improve it so I just had to do it.

The idea of this demo code is to upgrade Arcade FX firstly to play every arcade game in it's click to listen in M1 mode which is important for those who use Arcade both for M1FX and for playing the games like I do. Secondary idea of this is in load game audio button mode it is able to read from now more carts and floppies than just only the Megadrive now.

All this = better quality than VGM and SPC ect. dumping because you are listening to the music straight from source and not dumping it to a lossy format and if you do dump it it's output is in Wave the completely uncompressed format with no issues like Mono sound unless the game is in Mono as some emulators even capture VGM and SPC in Mono as standard even if it's a stereo audio game.

No longer required would be that dire incomplete gameslist with many Megadrive and Arcade games missing from the list altogether although I did appreciate the hard work the guy put into it when it was a requirement adding games to the rubbsih list although not that many at once which is another downfall which has always been m1's weakness from the start if it's possible to get roms audio loading via the hash files now instead that is this would no longer be a huge boundery as the gamelists in the hash are almost complete for all the systems in it adn therefore it would work in Arcade FX's favor.

It might just be a dream passionate project and might not be possible even by one of you experts to build anything with this but still I wanna see it attempted so heres my code submission to at least attempt to make it a reality.

Included is the oldschool in source format as well. It's leagues ahead of the proof of consept version of the code for sure as it's an actual tree of complete code not what I thought was a new alias for sections like boards anymore as now I know thats been changed to 3 folder sections and has 3 codes going for each board sometimes the includes almost matches the old board version, sometimes video matched it, other times videos and drivers had the same bytes versions so the fact is 3 sometimes 4 of the folders are hooked together as code now and all 3 files are now needed to run a board as it's not single file anymore. lol.

I used to think includes now = boards in classic but now I'm not so sure now because videos, drivers, includes and machine has their own versions of the code.

Bus is a new section dedicated to getting cartridge slots loading. Without codes from there I don't think we can load music from some cart formats because you need to be able to load the cart to listen to the music so I think thats a major new section of code for getting any kind of new version working at all.

They should have kept the code in the same old regualr c format I feel but the cpp and h changes have been done now probably for the better but it might mean having to build a new Arcade FX code from scratch out of the codes to make everything run which is the pain in the arse part.

https://app.box.com/...sx83ladd92no1mq

Edited by TEOL, 18 April 2017 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users