registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> ARCADE 0.179 - Page 2 - ARCADE - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

ARCADE 0.179

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Zarzon

Zarzon

Novice

• Members+
  • 21 posts

Thanks... but if want to use the hiscore.dat?

Balthier

Balthier

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 6 posts

Balthier: No changes have been made to cps1 since the project started.

Well bad news then, all normal versions of Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting/Turbo are borked, they are running too slow.  They play at pretty much the exact same speed as Champion Edition so it's like you're just playing CE with extra costume colors and balanced game play, which is good if you want to practice I suppose.  I made sure by playing them in baseline mame first, then playing them in Arcade64.  Mame plays them at the right speed.  As I said before this has been the case since at least the 0.178 version, which is when regular MameUI got broken for a bit, and I don't know if you borrow code from that to build Arcade64 but maybe that has something to do with it if that is the case.

Try for yourselves and see.  It's really noticeable on the first bonus stage doing standing hard kicks with Guile, you can pull em off pretty quick mashing buttons in Mame, doing the same in Arcade64 he's kicking the same speed as the old SF2 games.  That's why I wonder what else is broken here, because essentially the GUI is interfering with the emulation.  One of the reasons I suggested that Arcade64 needs to just be a stand alone front end since most of what's out there is geared towards cabinets and the rest pretty much lack this particular feature set.  I mean you don't provide any of the extras needed by Mame anyway so people have to download the whole Mame package and this one too just to toss away the baseline.  A Linux version would be nice too but I'm not going to hold my breath for that by any means.

Edited by Balthier, 27 October 2016 - 04:32 PM.

Chanbara

Chanbara

Beginner

• Members+
  • 14 posts

ARCADE32 v0.179 is crashing when I try to load a game.  So I decided to put the binary arcade32.exe in a fresh new directory all by itself and tried running a game.  And it's still crashing when I try to load a game.  So something is wrong.  Please help.  (Previous versions worked fine.)  My OS is a Win XP 32-bit

Edited by Chanbara, 27 October 2016 - 06:21 PM.

AntoPISA

AntoPISA

Novice

• Members+
  • 21 posts

Well bad news then, all normal versions of Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting/Turbo are borked, they are running too slow.  They play at pretty much the exact same speed as Champion Edition so it's like you're just playing CE with extra costume colors and balanced game play, which is good if you want to practice I suppose.  I made sure by playing them in baseline mame first, then playing them in Arcade64.  Mame plays them at the right speed.  As I said before this has been the case since at least the 0.178 version, which is when regular MameUI got broken for a bit, and I don't know if you borrow code from that to build Arcade64 but maybe that has something to do with it if that is the case.

Try for yourselves and see.  It's really noticeable on the first bonus stage doing standing hard kicks with Guile, you can pull em off pretty quick mashing buttons in Mame, doing the same in Arcade64 he's kicking the same speed as the old SF2 games.  That's why I wonder what else is broken here, because essentially the GUI is interfering with the emulation.  One of the reasons I suggested that Arcade64 needs to just be a stand alone front end since most of what's out there is geared towards cabinets and the rest pretty much lack this particular feature set.  I mean you don't provide any of the extras needed by Mame anyway so people have to download the whole Mame package and this one too just to toss away the baseline.  A Linux version would be nice too but I'm not going to hold my breath for that by any means.

I also use the 32-bit version (on Windows 7), and here it works all right.

PS: Updated my mirror page: http://www.progettosnaps.net/arcade/

Edited by AntoPISA, 27 October 2016 - 07:41 PM.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,320 posts

There's no need for rudeness. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Now, I looked in the handover docs, and found that at some time a patch has been added to fix http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=408 . It seems people have different ideas on how fast the game should run. I'd like to hear from others about if it's slow or not.

I am not a gamer, and have never played the game in real life, so you need to convince others to your point of view. I'll take the majority view (whatever it is).

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,320 posts

ARCADE32 v0.179 is crashing when I try to load a game.  So I decided to put the binary arcade32.exe in a fresh new directory all by itself and tried running a game.  And it's still crashing when I try to load a game.  So something is wrong.  Please help.  (Previous versions worked fine.)  My OS is a Win XP 32-bit

There was a last-minute change by MooglyGuy that made it into my builds but not in the official one. This change causes a whole bunch of old video cards to be no longer accepted in d3d mode.

The solution is to either change your video mode to gdi, or upgrade your hardware, because even the official MAME 0.180 (when it comes out) isn't going to work for you.

You can read http://forums.bannis...7710#Post107710 for a bit more background information.

gamez fan

gamez fan

Arcade Addict

• Premium Members
  • 524 posts

Nice Release!!!

Chanbara

Chanbara

Beginner

• Members+
  • 14 posts

There was a last-minute change by MooglyGuy that made it into my builds but not in the official one. This change causes a whole bunch of old video cards to be no longer accepted in d3d mode.

The solution is to either change your video mode to gdi, or upgrade your hardware, because even the official MAME 0.180 (when it comes out) isn't going to work for you.

My video card is a 128 MB ATI Radeon X300 SE

In ARCADE32 Default Game Options > Video Mode, I get the following results:

Auto = Crashes when loading a game

Direct3D = Crashes when loading a game

GDI = Works fine

OpenGL = Works fine

So if you say my video card is the problem, how come OpenGL works for me?  Doesn't the OpenGL option mean it utilizes my video card?

Edited by Chanbara, 27 October 2016 - 10:31 PM.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,320 posts
Video cards have certain capabilities. Yours only supports up to Direct3d 9b (at least 9c is expected). Your card is at least 11 years old, and is "entry-level" (lowest usable capability).
It does support OpenGL, so you could use that if you wish.

The auto setting simply selects d3d on a windows machine (without doing any checking). So, you have to change auto to something that works (gdi or opengl).

Do some googling for more info on your card's capabilities, for example https://en.wikipedia...300-X600_Series and https://en.wikipedia...hading_Language

Or spend a few dollars on something newer. It would be quicker than arguing about it.

The new card will run everything faster, produce less heat, and be more compatible with modern software. Your only issue will be finding XP drivers.

Chanbara

Chanbara

Beginner

• Members+
  • 14 posts

Okay, thank you for the explanation.  (Btw, I wasn't arguing.  I was just curious since I'm not knowledgeable in that kind of thing.)

JohnSmith

JohnSmith

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

A lot of thanks  :praiseyou:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users