Help with new neoragex ecgc final version

I believe the problem could be with the roms, like Damianiw had said. I had the crashing problem too, but I couldn't tell what the problem was. So, I just started with one rom and kept adding more.

I suggest to everyone to check every rom they have and see if the files in the zip are correctly named. I had two roms that had the files in the zip not being correctly named. One was 2020 Baseball and the other was World Hero 1. The filename was correct, but the files in the zip weren't. Like for WH, when I checked it, it would have NHHHHHNHNHNH as one of the files and the rest were just like it. So I deleted the file and now the emulator doesn't crash anymore. So that's my suggestion for fixing the crashing problem.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My KOF2000 (From www.snkx.com) doesnt run on my old NRX.... Perhaps my old NRX is to old for the job..... Could someone direct to to the latest NRX (non-H1 Final.ver).... Perhaps that may have been the problem with my MSlug 3.... Mega Screwed up sprites..... Just the character/Enemy sprites (Running on Old NRX)...

Also... My KOF2000 on the NRXH1 doesnt run properly aswell.... The Graphics are Mcflocked.... Have to clear the layer of green glitches by switching to 8-Bit mode.... But that doesnt completely fix it... The Word sprites are messed up still! Along with afew bits here and there.... SOMEONE HELP!!!.... Fixes or something would be great!

Well.... Thats all I got to biatch about today....

Yeah I have windows xp and i had neoragex egcg ver. Final (took me 3 different nrx egcg verion until i got a working one). Samurai Shodown 5, SVC Chaos works, though it says: No 320x240 res! Changind 640x480, and then I have small black lines onscreen, meaning my picture is not absolutely clear, just it look like its behind a screen door. i also have a neoragex for xp and works perfectly fine, but only with older games (though it can use kof2002). Please help!

-Monstergundam

PS: yeah i got the same garou: motw problem with nrx egcg

Yeah I have windows xp and i had neoragex egcg ver. Final (took me 3 different nrx egcg verion until i got a working one). Samurai Shodown 5, SVC Chaos works, though it says: No 320x240 res! Changind 640x480, and then I have small black lines onscreen, meaning my picture is not absolutely clear, just it look like its behind a screen door. i also have a neoragex  for xp and works perfectly fine, but only with older games (though it can use kof2002). Please help!

-Monstergundam

PS: yeah i got the same garou: motw problem with nrx egcg

Put Scanlines OFF to get rid of the lines.

NeoRAGEx doesn't use any other resolution than 640x480.

Edited by Agozer

then thats a problem i guess. no scanlines, edge enhancement or any blitters means 320x240.

I always use the scanlines, interpolation and triple buffering combo in NRX.

i hate scanlines, i use edge enhancement and triple buffering, tnx to Agozer for the neoragex advise now it works in my pc... too bad this version doesnt load my other roms and got the crap graphics if played...

Like I've said a few times before, I use EGCG only to play SVC and SSV... NRX 0.8c plays everything else. (except Metal Slug 5)

I use scanlines only because it gives me a speed boost....I've gotten used to it.

Edited by Agozer

Hey thanks. it was stupid of me not to try the keyboard shortcuts. BTW, did anybody figure out the problem with garou motw in neoragex egcg?

Do you mean the messed up graphics or what? If that's the case, No...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I registered just to post this for you guys. the new ecgc version does not like the old mgd2 dumped roms. the ones named xxxxx.53c xxxxxx.638 etc. even if they are named.rom they may have been converted at one time using "redump" which turns them into the MVS roms. I have not figured out which particular bit of info NeoRageX ECGC does not like about these roms but I am working on it. here is a list of the roms origionally dumped in the MGD2 format (not complete, just the ones i know)

2020bbh 3countb alpham2 androdun aof bakatono burningh bstars

crsword cyberlip eightman fatfury1 fbfrenzy gpilots joyjoy kotm

lbowling lresort maglordh minasan mutnat ncombat ncommand ridheroh

roboarmy sengokh sengoku2 socbrawl superspy tpgolf trally wh1

hope this helps and someone can then figure out why the new nrx doesnot liek these roms.

To fix the prob, just move these roms out of the dir path. there are more than this also, just dont have time to do them all.

Cheers mates. Raual.