registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> NeoGeo pocket emulator for PSP - PSP and Vita Hacks [/psp] - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

NeoGeo pocket emulator for PSP

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

theelf

theelf

• Members+
  • 50 posts

Hi, some time ago, i was playing Race in my PSP when I realize, that the emulator have a great GUI, but a horrible emulation :mad0: :rofl:

It was terrible, slow, a incredible strong bilinear.. well,  anyways,  I decide to keep the gui, and rewrite most of the emulator code

Here is my Race version for PSP

emu2.png

emu3.png

emu1.png

This is the main characteristics of the emulator

- Most games work at perfect speed.  Some NeoGeo pocket games are 30hz, and other works at 60hz, native refresh is emulated to properly emulation

- Internal database for native refresh

- Scaling 2x without bilinear, fullscreen, etc

- Option for screen adjustment in case of 2x bilinear (NGP have a resolution of 160x152, the PSP of 160x136)

emu3.png

Original NGP 2x (160x152 = 320x304)

1.gif

Scaling 2x in PSP (160x136 = 320x272)

2.gif

Normally the 16 lost pixels are not a big problem, but in case a game miss some important stuff, like power bar, is possible to adjust position

For example KOF R2

3.gif

In this case, with a simple 2x scaling, we lost the power bar

4.gif

In this case, a adjustment of 4px, will show the power and life bar, without any loss in gameplay

5.gif

Download

http://akihabara-onl...ce-theelf28.zip

About hz, here is my internal database about it,

- Normally 30hz is the common refresh, and center view is perfecto for a 2x, but this games need some adjustment

This games need a perfect 30hz VSYNC

Sonic The Hedgehog - Pocket Adventure
Last Blade - Beyond the Destiny

Edited by theelf, 16 August 2015 - 07:45 PM.

theelf

theelf

• Members+
  • 50 posts

Small update, because a bug in custom borders, now are working ok

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,464 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.

Awesome work!! Did you happen to rename your version of the emulator as well? :-)

theelf

theelf

• Members+
  • 50 posts

Awesome work!! Did you happen to rename your version of the emulator as well? :-)

Thanks, hope some feedback of bugs,  at least for me is working good! if not feedback or all are positive, i will left this like fina version. I wannage the icon only

about name...mm.. no, i think i left Race name intact

Thanks!

Edited by theelf, 18 August 2015 - 10:30 AM.

The Pocket Gamer

The Pocket Gamer

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 1 posts

The link is broken... :( May you provide a new link for me to try out this neo geo pocket emulator?

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,642 posts
Here you go...

http://akihabara-onl...p/Race/Race.zip

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users