Strange VCD Issue

Well i have some VCDs (original VCDs that i *gasp* paid for) That i either got in Japan China or Chinatown NYC, now i am too lazy to rip them and probably never will due to general incompetence, but anyway on to my problem

Is there some kind of VCD player i could burn, put in my Dreamcast, and then put an original/Standard VCD/SVCD disc in and it would play? This way it would save me a lot of time, discs, money, etc. So i am wondering if i can just do it this way. So far i have tried the gyplay lik-sang Edition and if i take the disc out and put the VCD in then it doesnt detect any disc is in the drive.

So does anyone know the name of/where to get some VCD/SVCD software for my dreamcast that will allow me to swap in the VCD/SVCD instead of burning it along with the player? Ive heard of this being done so i know its possible its just difficlult to find.

Thanks in advance

-Shibathedog

There's 2 options. One is to dld the Echelon VCD player, burn it and you can use it to watch your vcd's but be warned, the quality is horrible. If you can't find it, I have it somewhere so you can come and dld it off me in romster, but I wouldn;t advise it.

The 2nd option is to buy a VCD player for DC. Lik-Sang has it for 25 bucks, it comes with a remote and a cd you use to boot up your vcd's. I heard it has good quality, but I don't have one myself so I can't garantee it :huh:.

In general you would be better off just buying a 50 dollar DVD player really, those things support everything these days. Most will also support SVCD and mp3 and you'll get better quality than DC could ever provide, plus you don't tax your DC too much by watching movies on it.

well i have a video player that plays DivX videos flawlessly, and i have a VCD to DivX convertor, and i also have a DVD player that can play VCDs...and SVCDs....and everything else hehe (350 bucks)

The thing about VCDs on the DC is i can do it on VGA which would look much nicer (especially for Anime) and i dont want to spend 80+ dollars on an RCA to VGA box

ahh well, i guess its between the VGA box or risk it at lik-sang...

i could use the VGA box for other systems too i guess so maybe ill have to go with that, its just another reason to get one

Edited by Shibathedog