Dreamcast Online

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends on the region your playing from, as I beleive that PAL version games like Quake 3 Arena used dedicated Europe servers, now that Sega has discontinued these servers European gamers may have problems playing games online now.

I could be wrong though, as I am a UK owner, but I am still yet to try it.

But what I have been lead to beleive is that US gamers used servers which are used for multiple platforms etc, i.e. PC and DC, so I think this is why they can still use certain online games for the DC today.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me here. <_<

they used infinite HP/Money/Etc cheats and made it unfair

when a SegaOP came along and found out it was hilarious to watch them get yelled at though, while i was at a friends we saw a SegaOP yelling at some guy (ya know how to can see the speech bubbles?) and right in the middle of the convo the hacker starts running away and the SegaOP starts chasing him and then the hacker just dissapears outta thin air (where guessing either he got booted or disconnected) me and my friend where laughing for hours

Ha! That's was really funny! So what did the SegaOP do when he see him disappear? I want to know why the hell was he chasing him in the first place? What was he going to do? Yell at him to death?

<_<

oh man oh man...i remember when i got my dreamcast right when it came out..seeing PSO i was so excited to play it..i even got a keyboard with it! it was the best game ever man! playing it online... oohh drool! until some flockin bastard hacked my account..i went into a game and then my guy was gone.. :'( it was horrible i tell ya! i was level 90 something and my character gets hacked...i quit playing PSO all together after that..i even have PSO v.2... i just wanted to see how it was..i still havent actually started playing it yet though! ahha..damnit man..My character was the best! RAMARS FOREVER!

WOW! I take it back, you can still play online with your dreamcast, I have just been playing Quake 3 Areana, Worms world Party and even Phantasy Star Online!.

All you need to do is use Dreamkey 3, setup your ISP details, the Dreamcast will save them.

After that pop in your Quake 3 Disc, click online play and you will see a list with all of the available arenas!.

I didnt know the servers where still available, but I thought I'd give it a go since I got my new copy of DreamKey.

And not only that I typed this message using my dreamcast!

Well after the Hacker dissapeared the SegaOP pretty much just stood there for a couple seconds and then started walking around as normal again. He was in trouble because i guess the SegaOP noticed he has like 9 thousand kagillion money and his party members kept hitting him and his health wasnt going down, or maybe party members cant hurt each other i dunno it was probably just the money thing unless party members can hurt each other

yep i go online with my Dreamcast alot its really fun hehe except i use this crappy keyboard that screws up on me alot (and causes me to lose in quake III Arena >_< )

well thats probably because you bought it used, get a new unopened one and get yourself a valid serial, and if you want, you can by my serial off me because i never registered it :)

or heres a trade idea :D get me DC-X and ill give you my Serial :P

heh id probably have to give you more than just the serial though...