Virtual JaguarX v0.95b (new release for xbox1)

fumanchu

Virtual JaguarX v0.95b

by hcf.

jaguar_front.png

I have decided to prepare a pre-release of the next version of Virtual JaguarX, because last year I achieved important improvements, and now my progresses are really slow because my personnal life does not give me enough free time, so I am seeing that the next "official" release will be delayed. So I think that the best is releasing now all that I have achieved, as a beta release, and in the future I will release the final version whenever I had free time again :S

Besides a few performance improvements and bugs fixing, the most relevant changes are the following:

1) Click-and-play experience: In the earlier version, the user must configure manually the options to achieve the best possible emulation, and this can be a bit difficult. In this version, when you select a game, the emulator auto-configures all the options with the recommended values for that game. Of course, after that, you can adjust these options manually if you want, but if you simply want to click and play, this version is for you!

VERY IMPORTANT: Please, note that the emulator will select the recommended options, based on the BEGINING OF THE NAME OF THE ROM (for example, if the game sees that you are selecting "Raym..." it will assume that you are playing "Rayman". So, if you want this auto-configuration to work, don't put strange names to your roms!

Besides, another important point: the maximum amount of roms that you can have in your rom list is around 65 roms. This should be enough, because the full official game list of the Jaguar is around 50 roms, so you can have the full list and even any homebrew or alternate rom. But if you have a very huge rom list, with lots of alternate roms and very long rom names, the user interface will waste a lot of memory, and you can have troubles to run some of the more memory-requiring roms (like Trevor McFur).

Also, if you have a Trusty Xbox, read the final part of the "Configuration Options" section.

2) The earlier version made a basic emulation of all the modules of the Jaguar, and let the user overclock one of these modules (the DSP, which is the device that performs the audio). This version also lets you overclock the other resources-wasting module: the GPU (Graphic Processor Unit). But it is not needed that you do it manually: the emulator will recommend you the best overclocking options (if needed) as said above. This overclocking of the GPU makes possible to play at high speed to many more games than the earlier version.

Besides, there are other new configuration options that make possible to play new games in this version. See the "Configuration options" section for more info.

As far as the compatibility is related, this version of the emulator can of course play all the games that the earlier version could (Sensible Soccer, Rayman, Zool 2, Cannon Fodder, Flashback, Pinball Fantasies...) and many new additions. For example, all these games are now playable (many of them not perfect, but playable): Tempest 2000, Wolfenstein 3D, Raiden, Double Dragon 5, Dragon - The Bruce Lee Story... See the compatibility list below for more info.

Please, keep in mind that the emulation is still far from being perfect in many games.

changelog

v0.95b

------

* The emulator suggests the recommended configuration for every game.

* Added the possibility of overclocking the GPU

* Added an option to "Force FPS", overclocking dynamically both the GPU and the DSP to achieve the desired frame ratio.

* Added an option to show or not show the BIOS animation at the begining of every game. This is very important to play some games that don't like the BIOS, like Wolfenstein 3D (that game was not playable in the past version).

* Replaced all the SDL code related to the joypad, with DirectInput code.

* Fixed a bug that prevented to play games with strange video resolution changes, like Doom, Evolution - Dino Dudes, or Trevor McFur. In the past version of the emulator, these games only show a black screen. In this version they are playable, although the aspect ratio is not correct yet.

* Fixed some bugs here and there

* Lots of small optimizations here and there, to improve the global speed of the emulator.

* Increased the size of the rom list in the user interface

v0.90

-----

* Initial version

1 link download and mirrorlinks.

http://www.multiupload.nl/QFSCLQ5YUK

http://www.putlocker.com/file/97A1D3BF5FA85E5E

http://www58.zippyshare.com/v/11929612/file.html

http://turbobit.net/eszqgmnpgjn8.html

n/joy.