Any devs interested in a free 1.2/1.3 xbox with 128mb?

69mustang

It's possible, but the box that needs the dvd drive will also need a mod chip. AFAIK, if it's the drive replacement is a standard pc dvd drive, it will only recognize burned games and not the original.

Did some googling, you can find out more about it here: http://www.xboxscene.com/articles/dvddrive.php

Edited by LoRd_SnOw

That's a pc-dvd -> xbox swap. I'm talking cannibalizing another xbox.

Screw it, i'm going to give it a try. lol

*edit*

Works fine. Didn't realize it was a philips -> philips swap.

You don't need to have a specific DVD drive on the xbox as long as its from an xbox. They're not married to the motherboard like on the 360. It won't make a difference if the system is chipped or not either.

Edited by 69mustang

If the drive is from another box, then no it won't matter. However, if 'pc-dvd->xbox' swap as iq_132 best illustrated, then yes a mod chip is required. Philips tend to be the norm, Samsung is quite the rarity these days. I will have to find one when I can, I want to do some experimenting with that.

So I decided to work on CPS-3 for a bit yesterday. I've got SFIII2 up and booting, however, it runs at 1FPS for some reason. I'm going to have to investigate further.

No, on the 128mb one. I'm planning on getting it going on the stock machine at a later date. I'm curious how it goes without the vmm.