What's new recently?
- added: multi SoftwareList support; see below for details
!!! when importing MAME, you're asked if you want to import software lists since even MAME got some. If you're not familar with it, don't import them !!!
- added: chd version 5 support
removed internal chd decompress/verify process. Deep validation is now done directly by calling chdman. For this, you need to go to Settings->Compressor->ChdMan and setup the path (if not included in %PATH% env variable already) for chdman. Also the default validation command needs to be entered. Default is given for latest chdman which comes with 145u1. !!! Older versions require -verify %1, the current one verify -i %1 !!! During validation you see the chdman console window, so you can see the progress. Removed option for read sector map and show bad metadata. Cmpro now only reads the various headers and checks the sha1/md5 there. Also I've added an option in the chdman dialog to select your prefered chd version. If found chds don't match, you will get a warning during scanning. This replaces the old upgrage/downgrade messages. !!! The current default value here is 5. You should set this to 4 if you did not update yet !!!
- added: samples extensions wav, flac, ape and sam are supported
- added: profiler context menu option to clean cache for single profiles/folders
- misc: show warning if sysdefpaths aren't rompaths plus option to auto add them
- misc: don't warn about not active sysdefpaths when no path is assigned
- misc: setinfo shows standard/mechanical/device/etc in separate branches
- misc: systems dialog list standard/device/etc with new captions
- misc: improved fuzzy name check in case of double checksums
- misc: some general packer handling for empty filenames in archives
- misc: some more descriptive rar error messages
- misc: removed warning if rompath names match setnames
- added: compressor / general option to warn about identical names in archives
- fixed: crash on 7z entries with no filename
- fixed: possible memleak on illegal 7z file timestamps
- fixed: wrong progress title & cancel handling when auto-moving to sysdefpaths
Multi-SoftwareList support: This version brings you multi-software list support, i.e. multiple software lists within one xml will be read (single software lists are also supported of course, no matter if they are standalone or with outer ). Multi software lists are handled like this:
- all sets (no matter if they got identical names) are added to the current games list
- for each software list, a new system (system picker dialog) is added
- you have to assign unique sysdefpaths to such new 'systems'
- profile is named after the 1st and last software list (in case of an exe import, the profile is named after the exe profile description)
- fix dats export all missing files
- datfile export (setinfo window) does NOT export software list roms
- setinfo window's select-sets edit box got a new variable (%l) to pick roms from a given list
- scanner output of a missing set additionally lists the software list (can be enabled/disabled via context menu view)
- in case of an exe -listxml output (like MAME/MESS) you're asked if you want to include found software list. You see a list of available ones and can select none, some or all. In case of some, your selection will be remembered for a possible future update of MESS/MAME
- in case of 'all', the exe is run once again with -listsoftware
- in case you picked some, cmpro runs "-listsoftware softwarelistname"