Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

my Null DC keeps turning off when i start a game

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

chrono92

chrono92

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 3 posts
Click to view battle stats
ok so I have everything completely setup for the emulator, most people reccomend the graphics setting to be in NULL PVR when i put it in that mode and start a game, it says Null DC_1.0.3_mmu.exe has stopped working. Thats it theres nothing else it tells me. If I put it on Chankast graphics it sucks the game plays but I can see anything or read anything, the dereamcast logo is on a black screen.

I have all bios, downloads, good graphics card, direct x, C+++ pretty much everything and it still is like this, can anyone help me :)

emsley

emsley

Meow - meow - meow

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,709 posts
  • Interests:Yelling.
When was the last time you re formatted?

chrono92

chrono92

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 3 posts

When was the last time you re formatted?

u mean my computer i reformatted like 2 months ago

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,817 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
You should probably use the NoMMU version of the executable. The nullDC team doesn't even recommed using the MMU version, unless you run the emulated CPU in Interpreter mode (hint: no one hardly ever uses the Interpreter mode if they only care about playing games), or run games that make use and really need the Dreamcast's MMU emulated (hint: not that many). Also, you should probably use 1.0.4 instead of 1.0.3 or older.

chrono92

chrono92

Newbie Poster

• Members+
  • 3 posts

You should probably use the NoMMU version of the executable. The nullDC team doesn't even recommed using the MMU version, unless you run the emulated CPU in Interpreter mode (hint: no one hardly ever uses the Interpreter mode if they only care about playing games), or run games that make use and really need the Dreamcast's MMU emulated (hint: not that many). Also, you should probably use 1.0.4 instead of 1.0.3 or older.

ok ill try a better version, tried nomu same problem, hopefully 1.0.4 works

U-Said-it

U-Said-it

Novice

• Members+
  • 39 posts
What's the output of the NullDC text window? There's a way to have NullDC output a logfile when launched from the cli, but I forgot how to do that. It's been a couple years since I've used it.

EDIT;
Okay, I found it.

To dump a log, run nullDC from the command-line with the following parameters. "nulldc >gamename-log.txt 2>&1"

Example:
nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe >gamename-log.txt 2>&1

If simply updating to the latest nullDC 1.0.4 revision doesn't work, you can sumbit the log to their bug tracker, and the issue may eventually get fixed.

Downloads
Bug Tracker

Edited by U-Said-it, 23 December 2011 - 04:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users