my Null DC keeps turning off when i start a game

ok so I have everything completely setup for the emulator, most people reccomend the graphics setting to be in NULL PVR when i put it in that mode and start a game, it says Null DC_1.0.3_mmu.exe has stopped working. Thats it theres nothing else it tells me. If I put it on Chankast graphics it sucks the game plays but I can see anything or read anything, the dereamcast logo is on a black screen.

I have all bios, downloads, good graphics card, direct x, C+++ pretty much everything and it still is like this, can anyone help me :)

You should probably use the NoMMU version of the executable. The nullDC team doesn't even recommed using the MMU version, unless you run the emulated CPU in Interpreter mode (hint: no one hardly ever uses the Interpreter mode if they only care about playing games), or run games that make use and really need the Dreamcast's MMU emulated (hint: not that many). Also, you should probably use 1.0.4 instead of 1.0.3 or older.

You should probably use the NoMMU version of the executable. The nullDC team doesn't even recommed using the MMU version, unless you run the emulated CPU in Interpreter mode (hint: no one hardly ever uses the Interpreter mode if they only care about playing games), or run games that make use and really need the Dreamcast's MMU emulated (hint: not that many). Also, you should probably use 1.0.4 instead of 1.0.3 or older.

ok ill try a better version, tried nomu same problem, hopefully 1.0.4 works

• 4 months later...

What's the output of the NullDC text window? There's a way to have NullDC output a logfile when launched from the cli, but I forgot how to do that. It's been a couple years since I've used it.

EDIT;

Okay, I found it.

To dump a log, run nullDC from the command-line with the following parameters. "nulldc >gamename-log.txt 2>&1"

Example:

nullDC_Win32_Release-NoTrace.exe >gamename-log.txt 2>&1

If simply updating to the latest nullDC 1.0.4 revision doesn't work, you can sumbit the log to their bug tracker, and the issue may eventually get fixed.

Downloads

Bug Tracker

Edited by U-Said-it