Ok, I'm trying to run ecco the dolphin for dreamcast (nulldc), but when i try to start emulation or normal boot the game, it just takes me to the spinning CD thing and I can't play the game. Can anybody tell me if I need to do something, because I know I have good enough specs and stuff like that. Thanks!

Are you sure that the disc image you have is selfboot? have you tried to boot the game in Demul, for example?

First, how would I be able to tell if its "selfboot"?

Second, how would i use Demul to test out if the game works?

Edited by phatality

Configure Demul to use the gdrImage plugin as the active GD-ROM plugin, and boot your disc image with that in Demul. It's not rocket science, so look around the program's menus a bit and you'll figure it out.

ok, when i run ecco game, it takes me to dreamcast menu (at beginning with music,file,settings, and play). When i click play, it asks me to insert a game disk..anything i'm doing wrong?

Edited by phatality

If Demul doesn't like the image either, there's a good chance that the disc image is not selfboot or it's corrupt. I wouldn't advise trying to turn non-selfboot images into selfboot ones -- way too much work, and somewhat difficult if you don't know what you're doing.

Delete the game and try to find another disc image.

Ok, i downloaded a different version of the game (.gdi file) and when i run it in nulldc, it takes me to the menu with play,music,files, and settings. So when I click play, it looks like as if its about to play the game, but in a few seconds it goes right back to main menu. Is it the file or is it something im doing wrong? thanx

Most likely there's no way to fix it. "Not implemented" often means that the game tried to do something that the emulator cannot emulate because of missing emulation code.