X-Arcade Stick

Hey everyone,

I just picked up an X-arcade stick and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for getting this to work with my emulators.

Specifically with jumping in and out of games.

For example

FBL - I can't find a way to reprogram the Right Thumbstick - nor can I use a third controller just for the R stick.

Any suggestions?

Funnily enough, I just upgraded to 1.3 with the new xtras pack and had to re-setup my control panel. The setting to change the exit button combo is actually hiding under a menu where you wouldn't expect it to be. From the main menu go to Options -> GUI Options -> Image Options -> Next Page -> Next Page and the second to last setting is Exit Game Controls. You can scroll through the predetermined button combos there. I suggest back + start.

Why this is hidden deep down in the menu tree is anybody's guess, but at least its there. I wish there was a way to set up a global default for button configuration. I realize that I can change settings per game but that becomes quite a chore. My panel only has a standard six button setup, and to do that I chose the triggers instead of black and white. Anything that uses black and white buttons needs to reconfigured! Argh... ok rant over.

Edit: I thought of something else. This ones more along the lines of a "Tip". I can use my control panel on xMugen even though its not an official xbox controller. If you plug in a usb keyboard into the fourth controller and use that to press F7 instead of the right joystick click then mugen will start with no problems. In my case it takes some creative button remapping to get everything right. For some reason mugen thinks that some of my first player buttons are actually second player buttons and vice-versa. Mugen rocks with real arcade controls!

Edited by RedCapsMan

Funnily enough, I just upgraded to 1.3 with the new xtras pack and had to re-setup my control panel. The setting to change the exit button combo is actually hiding under a menu where you wouldn't expect it to be. From the main menu go to Options -> GUI Options -> Image Options -> Next Page -> Next Page and the second to last setting is Exit Game Controls. You can scroll through the predetermined button combos there. I suggest back + start.

Why this is hidden deep down in the menu tree is anybody's guess, but at least its there. I wish there was a way to set up a global default for button configuration. I realize that I can change settings per game but that becomes quite a chore. My panel only has a standard six button setup, and to do that I chose the triggers instead of black and white. Anything that uses black and white buttons needs to reconfigured! Argh... ok rant over.

Edit: I thought of something else. This ones more along the lines of a "Tip". I can use my control panel on xMugen even though its not an official xbox controller. If you plug in a usb keyboard into the fourth controller and use that to press F7 instead of the right joystick click then mugen will start with no problems. In my case it takes some creative button remapping to get everything right. For some reason mugen thinks that some of my first player buttons are actually second player buttons and vice-versa. Mugen rocks with real arcade controls!

Thanks man! Very helpful!