QUICK HELP

I have been looking but my resources are limited... I am on a Mac, its all I have at my disposal. I cannot get any version of mame for it to run the mame cheats. I need special characters cheat enabled for Street Fighter EX2 plus [sfex2p(990611)] on mame. ( Kairi, Shadow Geist, Garuda ) Once the characters are selectable I need the sfex2pa.nv from the NVRAM folder.

Im requesting the small readout of a hex editor from sfex2pa.nv once these cheats are enabled. The .NV files are relatively small so its no issue to cut and paste the Hex readout.

If you are able to help and need the cheat files, just nab the appropriate version file from Pugsy's Cheats According to the Help file within (at least for v136) All you need to do is drop cheat.zip in your mame directory, open mame.ini in text edit, " Find '### Mame CORE misc options ###' and change 'cheat 0' to 'cheat 1'. " save, run the game, turn cheats on, make sure extra characters are selectable (23 characters), minimize, go to NVRAM folder, open sfex2pa.nv in a hex editor, cut and paste it in a PM to me.

I have been at this for some time now... Fumbling away at things im unfamiliar with... I cannot find a .nv file for ex2p but instantly found one for SFA3... go figure. Hey I used a hex editor for the first time yesterday, so I dont even have a basic understanding of hexadecimal addressing. If I try and play with this I'll be here forever.

Im tired...

Help!

Anyway, Im back on the search. Ill begin looking for another way, either falling across exactly what I need, stumbling upon the right region of HEX as I mess with it, or somehow find a way to increase the timer so it thinks Ive had the game running forever.

I don't know if it helps (and it probably doesn't), but find yourself an SFEX2Plus config file mande for ZiNc, and then rename that file to the respective .nv file. It's quite easy to find as most hacked configs for ZN games originate from the time when ZinC was the best damn ZN emulator around ( personally I think that it still is, although the underlying code is old). Of course if ZiNc uses a different addressing for configuration data, a simple filename switch won't work.

Then again, the ZN hardware is fairly well documented and the hardware does write its game and machine settings/status flags in a very specific manner, so config files from ZinC should be transferable as is to MAME, save renaming the file.

Well Im currently grabbing whatever... wish I could just get the fucking hex readout...

Well I grabbed a ZiNc file last night... perhaps not what I need Ill get ZiNc running on this mac and then I should just be able to use the ZiNc trainer to unlock the characters. Figure Ill get it running that way and hopefully ZiNc runs better. This is pretty flawless but could use a bit of framerate help when shit goes down.

HAHAHA you knuckle neck... you had the CFG files on your site Agozer... lol thankslets see... Ahhhh there is the change.... lets see if this works.

WTF!!! I opened the .CFG

As it should be, it is the exact same as the .nv. I change it but it doesnt work. !@%$#(&!#$P%(&!@(P#&

Double edit: Hmmmm not the exact same.... There is 2 places that change 0 to 1. I believe this was the change but there is different info at the bottom of your .cfg, but the rest is a carbon copy. I figured Id just change the 0'2 to 1's but that didnt work, then i changed the .cfg to .nv and that didnt work. I WILL get this... eventually

HAHAHA you knuckle neck... you had the CFG files on your site Agozer... lol thankslets see... Ahhhh there is the change.... lets see if this works.

Heh, I didn't remember I had those. At all.

Well, the configuration files I have are for ZinC 0.9 which only supported the versions listed. You know, 11 years ago. :) Things change, and when ZiNc 1.1 rolled around, a smart dude made a full-fledged trainer and no longer bothered to hack configuration files.

EDIT: well damn. I've been running in circles over this for about 24 hours now. I really grind when it comes to tinkering...

It's quite easy to find
he says

You know it should have worked... The rom files are always the same. The .cfg and .nv are just saved settings, scores, and progress... etc. This should work. I know Im new to this side of emulation, but it begs to reason that this is fucking bullshit.

Why does this happen to me?

I can find the most obscure, unheard of things no problem. How the hell did you find this so damn quick? I tried so many variations of searches...

Anyway, thanks... and currently working on this

EDIT: No go. it just isnt working

Ok, I pulled this from Shoryuken.com after some searching - hopefully this does some good to you. Note that this is not an NVRAM hack, just ye plain olde MAME cheat.

For SFEX2P in MAME:

:sfex2p:00100001:1FAF0030:0000FFFF:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters:You need to reset the game to see any effect after set this cheat
:sfex2p:00110001:1FAF0034:0000FFFF:FFFFFFFF:Unlock Secret Characters (2/2)