hiscore.dat

All I want is to be able to play and not have to worry about saving state after I'm done with a game. I want to preserve the scores I get.

I know that some of the .dat files are unsupported on various versions, can one get hiscore.dat to work on OS X? Its V 0.135. I read something about using some auditor program that helps with mame builds where you want to add a "u" file but all those programs are for windows.

Can I make 0.135 open up and do as I wish? Its frustration trying to track this down, all I get are dead ends and run around to previously viewed material.

Fucking hell, Guess Ill look into alternatives... in case there is no solution. Wonder what other versions I can get running on this mac... better versions?

EDIT: I also added the .diff patch (135) but thats where im cut short http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64298.0

I figure I need that auditor as mentioned but these directions are confusing to me...

Um yea... still no progress. Why the fuck would you TAKE OUT functionality for Hiscore keeping on the old games... this is a personal program. So what if there is a save state... (thats the excuse they gave for dropping the main support.) Got to add damn U files to get it to work... thats stupid.

Perhaps Ill look for some type of Win to Mac Diff file changer fixer thingy. Wow... how about I try to google that...

I dont know how diffs work exactly, but it should just change the "difference" the new coding provides right? Like Save hi scores etc... Well when I pop that diff open it looks like win command lines... on top of that half the damn thing looks part note pad rather than just a program.