Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I just did the Impossible

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
Click to view battle stats
Has anyone played the original Street Fighter for arcade? My god... this game was so hard if you ask me.

The controls didn't work well for me so I just basically button mashed. Ryu occasionally did hadoken or dragon punch.

Lets just say, this game is a token eater :D, It was fun to see a lot of SFA characters in the old days though. For anyone whose played, why are Sagat's knees on his ankles?

solidius23

solidius23

The Cult of Personality

• 2,861 posts
SF 1 is by far the hardest of the series and capcoms animation for sagat was justt plain wrong in that game lol

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
I've passed this game before, and yes, it did take a while(especially on Adon and Sagat)...and also you were complaining about the controls...well...seriously though, I memmer they had the arcade of the game at Wal-Mart like 8 or 9 years ago when I was about 8yrs old(idk why they had it out of all the better ones there were)..and yes, even on the original machine, the controls are kinda flocked up

Xeon

Xeon

In love with his own ego.

• Premium Members
  • 622 posts
i never did get to finish this (only reached up to eagle)

now, everytime i play this in MAME i get to wonder how i got around with the controls and got far when i was a kid.

SWAMP_THING

SWAMP_THING

been at this fun fair too long

• Premium Members
  • 389 posts
  • Interests:sitting down and sometimes going outside
doesnt it have big buttons that the harder you hit the more damage is done to your opponent?

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
not that I remember

Xeon

Xeon

In love with his own ego.

• Premium Members
  • 622 posts

doesnt it have big buttons that the harder you hit the more damage is done to your opponent?

yup, they were changed later. i believe due to its poor playability.

Cominus

Cominus

Airborne or nah

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,678 posts
  • Interests:I game bro
i just recenlty played the game and it's freaking bananas!!! i think when you jump kick with ryu and then try a haduken it works, well any ways, there's an arcade machine at the arcade and it has like all the mame roms on it, i didnt even know there was an original SF until i saw it on there yoo..... <_< :angry:

deltaquad

deltaquad

• Members
  • 96 posts
The original SF machine had two big buttons, one for the kick and one for the punches, more they were hit hard more the kick or punch of the character was hard (light, medium, hard). Capcom decided to change them with the classic 6 buttons console because this kind of buttons broke up really often. Was the 1987.

Aloha! :(

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
With the buttons your describing, it would seem that it was harder in the arcade.

How can you even get close to beating it if its harder in arcades? lol it took me at least 10 credits to beat it on MAME.

emsley

emsley

Emsley here. That's right.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Yelling.
I just pld this and probablie wont again.
This big bloke in a street just knocked the crap outta me :-]

Like i hit him 6 times but i think he hit me like 6 and i was KO.
:-]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users