SVC Chaos - How Good?!

So, SVC.

I really like SVC but does anyone know whether it's a game by a developer that doesn't really know what they are doing (and with no real imagination or ability to push the genre forward) or a deliberate attempt at purposely going back-to-basics in order to portray fighting games as the pure format they once were?

Even though I enjoy the game on the whole, I'm un-decided. :D

Whatever your stance on the above though, I believe It's a far better game than either of the Capcom vs SNK titles, which I STRONGLY dislike.

Thanks. I looked over that section, but it's made up only of people who think it "sucks", which is not the case. It isn't the best fighting game ever, but it deserves to be discussed rather than dismissed. Which is what this topic was in aid of.

But thanks Gamecop, it's through your help on these forums that I was able to emulate the game at all. Don't think I'm being disagreeable towards you or your suggestion...

Well I might as well throw in my 2 cents.

I liked the game alot. I love the interactions and especially the new fighters.

This game is also an excellent resource center for mugen creators.

I do think it was not thoroughly tested however. Like the charge glitch and collisions are extremely horrid. Not to mention you cannot run.

But the game has a nice oldschool feel.

They made Shiki and Demitri excellent... they slaughtered Akuma :P

Violent Ken, Mars People, Zero :D

:ph34r::ph34r: The game suck, they never took it back to the old days, the brought it to the present but made it crappy :(. Cap vs. snk 2 doesnt have the crown, maybe part 1 but not 2 because they never shut up: (anouncer: get ready fo the next match cuz you're gonna fight, it all depends on your skill face it stright, 2 bananas dont make a hamburger) what the hell is that :devil: ? and why did they need to make a part 3? part 2 had all the characters they needed, the game engine sucked point blank :happyd::ph34r::ph34r:

Ok, there's my apinion: This is a very good game, and one of the bests in neogeo. I think it's not better than kof2002, but it's only different. I didn't play CVS1-2 yet, but after the old MVC I think they're better than the svc chaos.

The manga draw in svc is same as in kof01-02 but it's a little better. The musix are in dark style, and it's a strange for first hear, but not bad. The guardian dog's house music is really good. I think there ara some interesting characters, like Hugo, Zero or Mars People. :devil: The SNK designed Demitri is really good! :(

So it's a good game for neogeo, but not the best for all!