Hate to say this but...SvC:Chaos sucks

Mulatto

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is a little old and can't compare with other modern fighters and tons of past fighters like garou and street fighter3. I'll admit if the game was released two or three years ago it would have been more appreciated. And by the way there is no quirk to their fighter system, no teams, no tagging, no dodging, no strikers, only one fighting style, and no weapons. In todays video game market you need some unique feature and svc just doesn't have anything original.

A good classic fighter but players that aren't obsessed with fighting games should look else where. <_<

-shrug-

the SVC arguments are almost identical to the SF3 arguments years ago. i'll admit some of the characters are ridiculous. Serious Mr. Karate is a complete tool. but, people said the same thing about Gil.

i say just have fun with it. discover what you like about it and just play. if not, play something else. my gf and i and a blast playing it the other day. and we weren't worried about silly things like balance and backgrounds. just that it was new and different. first impressions are killers. Capcom had the foresight to keep SF3 going, i don't know about SNK.

svc chaos is a great game... and i dont understand how you could say this is the worst game you ever seen lolol cause everytime a fighting game comes... it has just some small changes.. they are doing 1 step in a time cause.. if they advance too much the game will get unballanced. so what features did you realy want in a fighting game?? its a little hard too come up with some new dont you think? at least here it is 4 - 5 different new things in this game.. and thats pretty much

whats the meaning too have a topic like "hate too say it but svc sucks" it like WARNING dont try this game it sucks! its like you have some intentions to make a bad reputation of the game. change the topic too what do you think about SVC chaos.

Edited by qwace

All I feel it needed was run and correct collisions.

I liked the game but these two areas of it really drag it down for me.

I still play it though, and Mugen can help me to alleviate these problems as I am currently doing with Demitri.

lol, go team player go! <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I think SVC Chaos is great. It plays well, it is fun, the art is good in the main, the dialog is funny, and the fighting mechanics are a nice balance between Kof and SFA. I like it heaps better than the Capcom versus SNK series, because the SNK characters in those games are too underpowered, some of the sprites and many of the backgrounds look horrible (especially those ugly backgrounds in Capcom vs SNK 2), moves are hard to pull off for some reason, and the fighting just doesn't feel right.

Oh, and Demitri looks soooooo cool in SVC!!!

Sure, SNK Vs. Camcom Chaos may not be as perfect as many hoped for it to be, (seriously, the game had too much hype), but still that doesn't get rid of the fact that it's the first cross-over game for the Neo-Geo.

The artistic impression is quite dull at certain points and the music isn't that good but damn people, it's still great fun. :-D

I'd call SVC a milestone.

Edited by Agozer

SVC Chaos is an excellent game. I find the speed of the gameplay to be much more enjoyable then the awfully slow cvs2 gameplay. It doesn't quite match up to the current capcom and sammy fighters in term of graphics and sound, but it makes up for the gameplay. I don't know about the problems with collision detection, it seems great to me. The bad things about SVC are the number of characters, and its lack of depth compared to kof2k2. And i also think they should've added 3on3 match option.

People,

it's really a matter of how you percieve things.

capcom vs snk was made to be the battle of the characters in the capcom style, which is why some people perfer it.

however i (and some others) saw that the art for the game sucked (snk characters loooked like crap).

and being that i'm one of those that isn't really fond of the usual capcom game engine style i didn't really like the game (but i hafta admit it's not a bad game)

but the point is, it was made to FEEL like a capcom game.

on the other hand, snk vs capcom was made to be the battle of the characters in teh snk style.

i personally think the capcom characters look better than when capcom draws them, but then again that's just my opinion.

but again, this game was MADE to feel like an snk game (and if you're a vetern of the kof games, you'll feel right at home.)

it just feels like an snk game, and it wouldn't feel like that if it was made with another engine (like the awesome garou engine)

I must say that I was extremely disappointed with it. With a little extra effort the game could have been a lot better. But I won't say it sucks, because I don't think it's THAT bad.

The animations were pretty bad, especially the hurricane kick and all of Sagat's moves. The Capcom characters don't look right with the SNK style but the SNK characters look fine in Capcom...weird.