Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma - I suck at it.

emsley

I never managed to finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma. yes, it made me its bitch :(

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm currently in Chapter 10 (Tairon Under Alert), and things aren't easy at all. It doesn't help that you might stumble into one of those Test of Valor rooms by accident, which can really throw a wrench into your gameplay. Plus, nothing speaks volumes of "FFFFFUUUUUU" like barely clearing one of such rooms in 15 or so minutes with great difficulty, and immediately after you find yourself in a boss fight without a Dragon Statue or Muramasa's shop anywhere in sight.

I remember that it took me the better part of 10 or so tries just to get past the first two chapters when I first started playing a few months ago. Not to mention that the boss at the end of Chapter 2 can defeat you in a single hit. Of course, if you somehow manage to beat him, you'll unlock the Mission Mode.

NGS2 on the other hand is something that keeps me playing even with the rather unforgiving difficulty at times. I absolutely love Ayane's chapter, although is also one of the more difficult and shortest chapters in the game. Playing as a kunoichi who's faster than a greased lighting is just awesome to the tenth degree.

i am stuck at the boss where he fires laser all over with revolving platforms (NGS) . Never have the hearts to go back and try again after that :D

I dont remember this; what chapter was this?

I completely forgot what difficulty I beat the game on; most likely the middle difficulty. But it was still hard as hell.

Btw: unlocking mission mode can be done by beating the game on normal mode. I know it's challenging to beat doku at chapter 2, but hell with that, not worth using all your items just for that :(

You guys wouldn't like:

Anya or w/e her name when you fight her again. Projectiles? check. Only some parts where you can hit her? check. High priority grab move that takes 1/4 your health. Check. Not to mention she flies.

Btw: unlocking mission mode can be done by beating the game on normal mode. I know it's challenging to beat doku at chapter 2, but hell with that, not worth using all your items just for that :(

Good to know.

You guys wouldn't like:

Anya or w/e her name when you fight her again. Projectiles? check. Only some parts where you can hit her? check. High priority grab move that takes 1/4 your health. Check. Not to mention she flies.

Alma, Rache's sister, and one of the Greater Fiends

. I think. Yeah, that one was pretty nasty for a boss. Chapter 8, IIRC.

Good to know.

You guys wouldn't like:

Alma, Rache's sister, and one of the Greater Fiends

. I think. Yeah, that one was pretty nasty for a boss. Chapter 8, IIRC.

I actually didn't have much problems with that boss (One try!).

Had more trouble with her second form later in the game. Plus the enemies after her = DEATH

Regardless, a lot of the difficult bosses in this game rely on patience and dumb luck. Dunno how many times I go into a boss with full potion stock and a revive scroll, only to use all of them, say fuck it and either keep going or die on purpose in order to do it right.

Yeah, beat that boss with one try too, but it sure took a while. Nothing like getting a face full of stone pillars twice in a row, or that unblockable "homing-laser-grab" attack.