Beautifulpeople.com, you're beautiful, right? right?!

LoRd_SnOw

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relationships/6...ing-weight.html

Couple days old, but just thought i post it.

BeautifulPeople.com , which claims to have a strict ban on "ugly people", said "vigilant members" called for drastic action after users posted photos of themselves celebrating Christmas and the New Year - revealing they had "let themselves go".

"We responded to complaints by moving the newly chubby members back to the rating stage. This is the same as having them re-apply," said Greg Hodge, the managing director.

Most of those expelled came from the US and Canada, but nearly 900 were from Britain.

The social networking site, which boasts 550,000 members worldwide, allows its members to decide on who should be allowed to join.

Admission to the site is only allowed after others already accepted vote on a photograph of the applicant and a brief profile.

Members of the opposite sex vote "Yes definitely", "Hmm yes, OK", "Hmm no, not really" and "NO Definitely NOT" to decide who is allowed into the site.

Mr Hodge said the "festive fatties" had become an annual problem.

"Every year we see that some of our members from western cultures eat and drink to excess over the holidays and clearly their looks suffer," he said.

"The USA has been grossly over-indulging since Thanksgiving - it's no wonder that so many members have been expelled from the network. We hope they will be back after shedding the festive pounds.

"In the UK and Canada, Christmas and the New Year are all about over-eating, over-drinking and watching TV on the sofa."

In an attempt to soften the blow to those given the boot, the website sent details of fitness centres where they could work off their holiday excesses.

Robert Hintze, founder of BeautifulPeople.com, said: "As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld.

"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

I'm really not into the whole "Dating people online" thing. Infact, i don't even believe in dating people online. However, i find this to be abit shocking, the thought of kicking off half of your userbase simply because they're "fat" or just not good looking to be alittle rediculous for those that are looking to date people online. Also, whatever happened to "it's the inside that counts and not the outside", seriously?

What are your thoughts on this? Do you think the website owner made the best decision for his/her site in order to iconicly meet standards for their beautifulpeople.com, as the name of the domain implies?

Do you think the website owner made the best decision for his/her site in order to iconicly meet standards for their beautifulpeople.com, as the name of the domain implies?

Yes, I do. From what I understand, BeautifulPeople.com is a business, and not just someone's hobby website, and based on how the site's marketed, it's a place only for the truly beautiful, whatever that entails. If 5000 members are now considered ugly, it's just business sense to revoke their membership.

Do you think the website owner made the best decision for his/her site in order to iconicly meet standards for their beautifulpeople.com, as the name of the domain implies?

Yes, I do. From what I understand, BeautifulPeople.com is a business, and not just someone's hobby website, and based on how they market the site it's a place only for the truly beautiful, whatever that entails. If 5000 members are now considered ugly, it's just business sense to revoke their membership.

Well that's true, after all it does mention in their tou that they can terminate accounts for just about any reason they see fit. Now, im unable to tell if users actually pay some kind of membership fee in order to use the service, if they do pay some kind of fee, then this would make them wrong, especially by not providing a re-fund to those accounts that were deemed as "ugly people".

In any case, the website has proven that they have their integrity clearly set in the area of making a profit off of superficial looking people.

I'm also betting many average looking people would actually question themselves if they're good looking or not before registering now. :huh:

I watched this on a show one time - this chick had to join and had to submit photos before they "allowed" her to become beautiful.

Then after acceptance she went to a "party" organised by the people on the site - and it was just a room full of botox, designer clothes, assholes, and assholes.

Im sure a few grenades in the room would of rid the world of them.

It was insane and i can only imagine the arrogance of each individual as epic.

Mostly women who are "never good enough." fuck them,

A site solely designed off of popped collar faggot's and hudson chick's opinions full of failures.

Why couldn't the Mayans predicted today for the world to end?

I read that the country rated lowest in attractiveness was England on that site. No offense to you British people :huh:

Yeah, I remember the reading the same thing. What I can't remember is where I read it.