How to play Resident evil code veronica x bin/cue file ? step by step

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK , i downloaded bios and flash and renamed them, now nulldc comes up , but it wants one of .cdi .mds .nrg .gdr formats not the bin/cue, in options there is GDrom menu and in it there is : use default image or select default image ,and in file there is : open bin/elf load bin/elf . What should i do now ?

It's step by step fellas , i'm awaiting further instructions :lol:

Edited by mr47

BIN/CUE image format is not selfboot. Meaning that no Dreamcast emulator, not to mention the actual console, will boot that game without the aid of a bootdisc (which is probably why nullDC developers ditched support for that image format. Why people still rip Dreamcast games as BIN/CUE is beyond me - or rather, why those haven't been abolished from the Internet.

Considering that bootdisc usage is a hit-and-miss affair with emulators (Utopia supposedly works, sometimes) and adds one more hurdle to jump over, I'd suggest that you ditch the image you have and look for a selfboot image instead. For the record, all other image formats used these days are self-boot and only the BIN/CUE pairing is non-selfboot because it only supports one data track.

Note: The "right" way to load games in nullDC is to use File --> Normal Boot, which let's you choose the disc image you want to use (if you are using the gdrImage plugin). Options --> GDRom --> Use Default Image is for those who want to immediately start a game whenever nullDC is started, and not bother themselves with choosing a disc image to boot, i.e. the default disc image to load every time.

Thanks for your advice , i made a .cdi image with bin2 boot and loaded it into nulldc , some processing happened , my mouse got hidden and then an error message was sent which siad it encountered a problem and needed to be closed , I think my low RAM is the problem , isn't it ?

It' 256 MB

I don't know much about Dreamcast emulation, but that sounds like too little ram to even bother. I could be wrong. But you'd struggle to run some MAME games with that.

There could be a number of reasons why a Dreamcast emulator crashes with a generic Windows error message, most prominent ones being that your video card is poor and/or it has poor drivers that haven't been updated in ages, or there are simply some stranger driver conflicts present. There's also the possibility that Bin2Boot gave you the finger and gave you a corrupt CDI file (which is supposedly fairly rare but does happen). While 256MB of RAM is indeed quite low, that in itself shouldn't be causing generic crashes like that.

So, without dancing around the issue longer than necessary, start posting some of your computer specifications.

Graphic 64 MB

RAM 256

CPU 1.7GHZ

Direct x9.c , I borrowed Half blood prince and installed the Direct x

What do you suggest ? should I convert the bin file to something else ? what file format ?

Edited by mr47

Despite failing to actually name the video card model, the amount of video memory it has suggests that your video card is way below minimum requirements for Dreamcast emulation on any emulator (not just by lacking in video memory, but in needed features as well). Having said that, you can now stop trying to get Code Veronica working on that computer.

P.S. Half-Blood Prince really has nothing to do with this. Unless you used it as an example for where you got DirectX 9.0c... Which can be obtained from Microsoft's site anyway.

Seriously now, a real Dreamcast is way cheaper than a new PC, and all you have to do then is put the disc in and play. You'll be able to pick up a console with four controllers, two guns, four memory cards and some games for next to nothing on ebay.