How to play Resident evil code veronica x bin/cue file ? step by step

I have downloaded RE code veronica from ****** , how can i play it in my pc ? it has a bin file and a cue file , I don't know anything about emulation , please explain step by step .

I don't have a dreamcast console , and i'm a RE fan who jast want to play a game . i have downloaded nulldc , chankast_0.25 , bin2boot , and alot of things extracting , mounting image ,...from morning until now, it's not working .

I think a FULL recipe from a pro chef would be nice for all :D

OK , i' ve downloaded alcohol 120 and created a virtual drive and mounted the image , What should i do next ? please somebody help me.

Edited by mr47

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need to know where you got the game, you don't have to tell us. Warned.

I know this may sound a bit cold-hearted, but if you don't know anything about emulation, then Dreamcast emulation is probably the last place for you to start. Furthermore, educate yourself. This isn't a place where give you step-by step instructions regarding every single detail, when it's clear that you haven't done done anything to help yourself.

What we can give you are the names of some of the more usable emulators for starters. nullDC and Demul are good choices. Continue from here by reading whatever documentation a given emulator has, and then fiddle around with the emulator itself, just to get a feel for it. If the emulator doesn't have any decent documentation, fiddle with the emulator anyway. It's not like it's going to blow up your computer if you happened to check the "wrong" settings.

You can also ask us to clarify any error messages that you might encounter plus other questions you might have, but for the love of god, don't expect us to tell you how to use an emulator and a game from start to finish. If you are going to pirate something, at least make an effort to figure out how to work with the stuff you have.

You could always burn it to a disc and play it in a real dreamcast. Much better that way.

OK , i' ve downloaded alcohol 120 and created a virtual drive and mounted the image , What should i do next ? please somebody help me.

Should i put the bin file into the data file or do something else ? what is bios ?

when i click nulldc_1.0.3_mmu or nulldc_1.0.3_nommu I get this message :

Unable to find bios -- exiting

G:\nullDC_103\data\dc_boot.bin

Edited by mr47

Both nullDc and Demul can work with disc images directly, so there is no need for mounting nor virtual drives. nullDc use its imageReader plugin by default, probably Demul too (gdrImage). Just make sure that you have the right plugins selected and configured (if they need any configuration, usually just selecting the image plugin as the active CD-ROM plugin suffices).