Final Burn 1.0

nes6502

Woah!

I run my FBA-XXX inside of a MVS-2 Neogeo arcade cab with original Wells Gardner monitor!

I have unleashX set up with the "Wheel" interface launching FBA-XXX games directly from command line with video previews...I am wondering how best to implement this new version into my customized rig...any suggestions?

SWEEEEET :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. FBA v0.2.97.06 is the latest version of Final Burn Alpha for PC right? So what's Final Burn 0.517? An older version? Newer, or something different?

Final Burn 0.517 is what Final Burn Alpha started with years ago. They made it 100 times better in every way over the years. However, the original games Final Burn supported became slower (because of more accurate emulation) and would not run fullspeed on the Xbox. That's why I ported the original. The main reason I ported it was because I wanted to play Thunder Blade on the Xbox.

So, if the source is out, what are the chances of somone adding the rest of the games from the X and Y (looks like system 16 & 18 use the same ouptut)?

Probably zero. They may use the same screen resolution but the emulation is different. The easiest thing to do would be to add a new FBA core that supported those games. I actually did just that. If there are any games people are dying to play on the Xbox (Turbo Outrun?, G-Loc?, etc...), I could release a version of Final Burn with support for some of the games from the newer PC version. I made a thread here and at the Xbox forum asking for requests.

It would be a minimal port. I am putting my main focus on a new FBA port with a lot more features than Fiinal Burn 1.0

Got it...I have just added it to my FBA-XXX games wheel ...it merged right in seamlessly!...ThunderBlade plays exactly like the upright arcade cab version...The controls are perfect!...Galaxy Force was a huge contraption of a machine when I was a kid...fun to play it on the neogeo cab so many years latr

Thanx a million!

:D

I'm confused. FBA v0.2.97.06 is the latest version of Final Burn Alpha for PC right? So what's Final Burn 0.517? An older version? Newer, or something different?

So, if the source is out, what are the chances of somone adding the rest of the games from the X and Y (looks like system 16 & 18 use the same ouptut)?

Probably zero. They may use the same screen resolution but the emulation is different. The easiest thing to do would be to add a new FBA core that supported those games. I actually did just that. If there are any games people are dying to play on the Xbox (Turbo Outrun?, G-Loc?, etc...), I could release a version of Final Burn with support for some of the games from the newer PC version. I made a thread here and at the Xbox forum asking for requests.

It would be a minimal port. I am putting my main focus on a new FBA port with a lot more features than Fiinal Burn 1.0

Tried looking for the page to put requests....I must be blind...so, couple of suggestions below:

Shinobi

Altered Beast

Cotton

Golden Axe

A.B Cop

GP Rider

Line of Fire

Super Monaco GP

G-Loc

Turbo Outrun

Strike Fighter

K