run a chankast disk with daemeon tools

Hello guys, i have downloaded the Chankast and did everything that whas needed to run a game on it,i did everything oke with mount an image with daemontools and i can see the sonic 2 game apears in the new virtual drive on "my computer"but still the chankast is asking to put the disk in while im sure that its loaded ??but its seems to be that the chankast is seeing it as a mucic cd ?anyway it is regonising the cd because i can click on play track(time 78:57)but when im did this nothing is happening :( I have put so much time in it to get the bios and flash and stuff and now im facing this problem :D but the emulator itself is running smootly ..id like to here if someone has a solution for this ,i hope you can tell me in simply English ,because im from holland and my englisch is not that good :D greetings ,meterking :)

chankast is horribly out of date. I don't think it supports virtual drives at all.

try NullDC.

Chankast works well with DT (or any other virtual drive software), but it's picky. Either Chankast is acting up again or the disc you are trying to beet is not self-boot. It's worth noting that certain sources recommend using DT 3.29 with Chankast, as it seems to work best.

After all that's said though, no emulation fan should even consider touching Chankast these days, and it is indeed pathetic as far as DC emulation goes. Sure, it was the best back in the day, but Demul and nullDC have far surpassed it (Makaron too, but that one difficult to use and actually get games to run, because it's so damn picky about certain BIOS aspects + no proper, functional GUI yet).

chankast is horribly out of date. I don't think it supports virtual drives at all.

try NullDC.

Thanks mate! :D after i put all the bios togheter it was working wrigt away ,but only i cant configure my joystik (it`s a Logitech duallstick) and when im using the keyboard therefore the UP,LEFT ,RIGHT and DOWN buttons aren`t function ...only the Y,X,B and V buttons are working,so thats the issue now...any suggestions ?? :D

Chankast works well with DT (or any other virtual drive software), but it's picky. Either Chankast is acting up again or the disc you are trying to beet is not self-boot. It's worth noting that certain sources recommend using DT 3.29 with Chankast, as it seems to work best.

After all that's said though, no emulation fan should even consider touching Chankast these days, and it is indeed pathetic as far as DC emulation goes. Sure, it was the best back in the day, but Demul and nullDC have far surpassed it (Makaron too, but that one difficult to use and actually get games to run, because it's so damn picky about certain BIOS aspects + no proper, functional GUI yet).

Oke ,thnks for the info...i just wanted to say that the Chankast is regonize the disc,but only as a musicdisc and not as a game.Because i can play it of in music mode ,but thats not really a good idea :D have a clue how to change it ?

I alresdy recognized the "musicdisc" problem in the first paragraph of my post. So to reiterate:

Either the game is not selfboot, which means that you need to get a bootdisc in order to get it to run.

Chankast's disc detection routines (or rather, problems working with Daemon Tools) are acting up again. There is no way to fix this other than to use DT 3.29 and even then getting the game to boot is not guaranteed.

I alresdy recognized the "musicdisc" problem in the first paragraph of my post. So to reiterate:

Either the game is not selfboot, which means that you need to get a bootdisc in order to get it to run.

Chankast's disc detection routines (or rather, problems working with Daemon Tools) are acting up again. There is no way to fix this other than to use DT 3.29 and even then getting the game to boot is not guaranteed.

ok sorry,but my English is not so well ,so i didn`t understand it the first time ...but now i do :D