God Hand

Devil May Cry

Tales of the Abyss

Tales of Legendia

Everything developed by Gust, VanillaWare and Nippon Ichi

Xenosaga Episode I -III

Gungrave: Overdose

Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King

Forbidden Siren 2 (no US release, PAL/J only)

Gradius V

Grandia II

ICO

Shadow of the Colossus

Haunting Ground

Jak 1-3

Ratchet and Clank 1-3

Kingdom Hearts I-II

Onimusha 1-4

Project Zero 3 (Fatal Frame 3 for you yanks)

R-Type Final

Shadow Hearts 1-3

Rogue Galaxy

Any Shin Megami Tensei game, though preferably Persona 3 or 4

Star Ocean Till the End of Time

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

We Love Katamari

Wild ARMs 3-5

WipEout Fusion / WipEout Pulse

Zone of the Enders 1-2

Berserk (J release only)

Mushihimesama (J release only)

SSX 3

DoDonpachi Dai-Ojou (J release only)

Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes (J release only)

There's more, but they're more "good - great" than best

The Ace Combat series if you like planes.

I don't really remember what was exclusive and what wasn't. but ICO and Shadow of Collossus are must plays.

perfect examples of games as art.

Damn nice responses!

I beat God of War but not 2, I have it downloaded but I don't have any DL DVDs >_<

I tried to play God Hand a long time ago and I don't know if I downloaded the wrong game or what. It was one of the crappiest games I have ever played, and I heard all this ranting and raving about it. The controls/graphics/combat/sound/everything was all so bad. It was like this weird wild west game. I didn't get much farther past the first boss fight or whatever before I stopped playing it.

I'm actually attempting to play Dragon Quest right now, It seems pretty fun, not too complicated either.

Beat Devil May Cry 1 and 3.

Beat Gungrave (Played most of Overdose but didn't finish it, BTW The anime series didn't seem that bad from what I watched)

Beat Shadow of the Colossus (downloaded ICO)

Grandia 2 I beat on Dreamcast, Do you think the 3rd one is worth playing? I have it but never played it.

Beat Ratchet and Clank 1, Can't find any good downloads of the rest besides crappy Deadlocked Arena ATM, maybe I'll just pick em up at the store for cheap I remember the first one being pretty fun.

Kingdom Hearts I can't put up with, I tried, I guess I miss out

Fatal Frame 3 I'm trying to beat the first 2 first but will definitely pick that up.

Beat We Love Katamari and Katamari Demacy

I have Wipeout Fusion (I can only find Pulse in PAL, I have to figure out how to convert PAL games to NTSC somehow)

Zone of The Enders 1 I finished, I REALLY want to play part 2 but this is another game I can only find in PAL

SSX 3 is cool, I always liked Tricky Better though, I have it coming in the mail (got it on Amazon for like 2 bucks)

I have Guilty Gear somewhere, I think it might be X2 Reload though.

Ace Combat does look cool, I'll probably get Armored Core too for a more futuristic fight (I never got into Armored Core but I liked ZOE and I liked Mechwarrior so I figure it will be fun)

I'll check out the rest of them for sure, I read about a lot of those RPGs today and they all seem pretty good, I prefer an action type RPG like Zelda more than a Combat Menu system type thing though so it looks like ICO would be the best of few choices. Some of them I still want to play though, Like I said I'm playing Dragon Quest right now. Thanks!

I tried to play God Hand a long time ago and I don't know if I downloaded the wrong game or what. It was one of the crappiest games I have ever played, and I heard all this ranting and raving about it. The controls/graphics/combat/sound/everything was all so bad. It was like this weird wild west game. I didn't get much farther past the first boss fight or whatever before I stopped playing it.

Yep, that's God Hand. Clearly not for everyone, and the controls,graphics etc. are all designed like that for a reason. Like I said, it's certainly not for everyone, but those who like it (myself included) categorize it as one of the best and extremely underrated game. It was developed by now-defunct Clover Studio, which did Okami and Viewtiful Joes.

Grandia III has a great battle system, but the story is arguably fairly weak. same with Grandia Xtreme.

Couple more:

10,000 Bullets (J and PAL only, somewhat a cross between Gungrave and Max Payne. Difficult game, but oh so good)

Fate/unlimited Codes ( J only)

Melty Blood: Actress Again (J only)

SkyGunner

Musashi: Samurai Legend (Action RPG, you might like it)

Bujingai: Swordmaster (a DMC-ish game from Taito)

Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2

Shinobi

Nightshade

I took a look at God Hand again, The game I have was definitely uploaded as a joke or something (I got it not too long after it came out from who knows where) because it looks WAY worse than the screenshots I saw of the real game. The graphics on the real game don't look THAT bad, but on the copy I have they are like N64 era. Maybe someone did this to get it to fit on DVD 5? Although it seems like people usually just re-encode the video files to a lower bitrate. In fact the logo for the title screen was completely different from what I have been seeing for the real game, Could I have somehow downloaded a beta? I think I'll try this out again because I read it's a real good beat em up style game.

So are there any PS2 exclusives that are real good that are not RPGs? I know you listed a few, but I dunno it seems like that's all the PS2 is good for when you have an XBox and a Gamecube. I've never been real big into them, I always get bored/annoyed with them halfway through. I'll definitely try a few of em out but I can't say for sure if that's not going to happen again. It is very hard for a turn based RPG to be fun for me: FF7 Bored me to tears and I hate it more than any RPG, FF8 pisses me off with too many random battles (every 2 steps! I counted!), FF9 had completely retarded characters (you spend about 1/4 of the game watching Vivi whine in a corner), In fact the ONLY turn based RPGs I have ever liked where Skies of Arcadia and Grandia 2 and even though I liked Skies of Arcadia I never finished it either. Action RPGs like Zelda/Colossus/what I've played so far of ICO are my type of RPG. I guess I like the adventure element more than the combat element.

Though I must admit Dragon Quest 8 is great so far, it doesn't seem like was made more complicated than it needs to be as a selling point and doesn't seem to take itself too seriously either. (The absence of 12 year old japanese girls making that drawn out UUUUUUUH noise/generally squealing every two seconds is nice too) Maybe I should just play some RPGs that are less Asian, Does anyone else even make good RPGs lol? It could be the Fantasy setting as well because I've never much been into that although even in modern RPGs they usually manage to cram some retarded fantasy crap in with the modern stuff. I don't minds swords and stuff as weapons but I'm not playing everquest damnit!

Alll KOF and SF of course

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - of course

Grandia III - I really like it, it is a must play game

Final Fantasy - all of them

Megaman - no brainer

Rogue Galaxy - nice simple action rpg

Odin Sphere - must play, side scrolling action rpg

Metal slug - don't forget the one that went 3D too

Samurai Shodown - get the anthology

Yakuza 1 and 2 - I highly enjoyed this game

You might find both Drakengard games (although they can get repetitive, and are action RPGs) you cup of tea. I personally like those two. Second is better than the first, but ok.

hmm...

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows

Sounds cool, I will be trying out all these games for awhile I really have to figure out this PAL problem though because it seems to be way easier to find games in PAL for some reason (I noticed that too with the xbox but it doesn't matter as much because you can just launch it in NTSC no matter what game EXCEPT the warriors, damn damn damn) What about Maximo? It looks pretty interesting. I figured out how to get around annoying games that wont ESR patch on my own too :D for those that are wondering:

Extract all files from the ISO/whatever it is to a folder on your HDD

Open IMGBurn (free) and hit create ISO from files

Make sure it is in ISO 9660 + UDF mode in options (I checked include hidden/system files as well but I don't know if you have to, it shouldn't hurt anything)

Add the folders/files one by one, In that box is exactly what will show up in the root directory, for example you do NOT want to just add the folder that has everything in it

Create the image, patch, and burn! :D

I'm probably going to spend the next couple weeks collecting all the best games and maybe installing a HDD for them on my PS2 just like I was doing with the Xbox. I'm still only missing like 4 games for the xbox so next paycheck I'll probably get them off Amazon (used Xbox games are like 2 bucks there)