Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Got the svc rom to load but has prob.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

N3oGhost

N3oGhost

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 590 posts
Click to view battle stats
How do you deal with the progression of the roms, as you move to a higher C rom for example. Writing in anything past 9000. does C000 = 10megs?

and if your total C rom is 64megs (eight 8mb c roms) how is this written in hex?

if you could provide an example of something youve changed so i can learn how its done.

how about your SVC - Samurai 2 edit? before and after in the style of ROTD post.

just trying to learn to add some flexibility.

Mr.X

Mr.X

aka Gouki :)

• Premium Members
  • 866 posts
The easiest way if you've any problems :

In hex editing : "copy" C roms or V roms Lines from game like Garou MOTW prototype or KoF 98 & "paste" on Samurai Shodown 2 C roms or V roms sizes + CRC + Rom Region Lines.

strider2040

strider2040

Novice

• Members
  • 28 posts
Thanks guys i got it to work. It was the P1 rom. Had to get a updated one.

Mr.X

Mr.X

• Premium Members
  • 866 posts

Thanks guys i got it to work. It was the P1 rom. Had to get a updated one.

Ok :P

kaioshade

kaioshade

Kaze No Koe

• Premium Members
  • 409 posts
I still havent found out a way to edit the xbe file for whatever game. how do you find out which offset is for which game? i dont understand one bit. any help is greatly aappreciated.

Mr.X

Mr.X

• Premium Members
  • 866 posts

I still havent found out a way to edit the xbe file for whatever game. how do you find out which offset is for which game? i dont understand one bit. any help is greatly aappreciated.

It's easy : open Kawa-x.dat with Clr Mame Pro or RomCenter to read the CRC of the rom you want to change the size (length).
Open Kawa-X default.xbe with a hex editor, click on "Find" & enter the CRC of the rom back to front (for exemple CRC : 12345678 becomes 78 56 34 12).
When you've found the CRC, you can notice the size of the rom is just before it, like in a Dat file for Nebula or Winkawaks.
Also, When you change size of a P, V or C rom, don't forget to change the size for the Rom Region.

kaioshade

kaioshade

Kaze No Koe

• Premium Members
  • 409 posts
will the rom region be in a similar location, or is it in a seperate offset?

thank you for answering all of these questions.

Mr.X

Mr.X

• Premium Members
  • 866 posts

will the rom region be in a similar location, or is it in a seperate offset?

thank you for answering all of these questions.

Rom Region size is on the line before C, V or P roms sizes. For exemple : Rom Region for KoF'98 P roms :
"0x0013B1C0 : 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00-00 00 50 00 00 00 00 00
0x0013B1D0 : 0A 00 00 00" -> ROM_REGION (0x500000, REGION_CPU1, 0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users