Need help burning PC-Engine games to a cd

first off, let me direct anyone who looks at this topic to this site:

http://www.pcengine.it/

on the Dracula X section there is a faq on how to burn the image and wav files to a cd using the cue file, CD Wizard or Fire Burner.

here is the faq, then i will discuss my problems:

Method 1.

In a first place you'll have to download the 22 files down below that constitute the whole game, for a total 61,8 Mb and rename the files.class into.mp3.

In order to create your own CD basically you'll need two softwares you can easily find on the net: Winamp & CD Wizard.

Using Winamp you'll have to convert the 20 files mp3 in wav; you can get this setting in Preferences/Output the plug-in DiskWriter, and listening to any of the 20 files mp3 you'll create the respective wav on your hard disk.

Once you've done this you have to unzip the 2 zipped files containing the game's iso images.

Now it's CDWizard and your cd recording: in fact you will create a new "Virtual CD" and put in it all the 22 game's files in their numerical order.

At the end you will copy them on your cd, burning in the "Session at once" mode.

Now if everything will be all right, you will handle an identical to the original and perfectly working Dracula-X copy.

Method 3.

This is because so many people encountered so many problems in burning the game on the basis of the previous indication.

As usual with Winamp you convert the 22 mp3 files into wav; you can get this setting in Preferences/Output your Plug-in Disk Writer, and listening to every of the 22 mp3 files you create the corresponding wav on your hard disk.

After that just unzip the 2 zipped files containing the game iso images.

Download the evaluation FireBurner copy you'll find in the following section and download the attached cuesheet.

Also unable these settings in the software "Device Configuration" section:

- Recording Method -> Session at once

- Multisession -> Close Cd

- Other ->Autocorrect sub-channel, Eject when finished.

After that burn the cd.

Now you'll meet a small problem not depending from your hardware:

during the evaluation test you can notice the game audio is staggered of about 2 seconds: the problem is in the track #3 (audio) which is too short. The only way you can solve the problem is that you add 2 seconds audio silent with an editing software for audio tracks.

Instead if the 2 seconds are added to the first track (that informing you that the cd is not a normal audio cd) because of the sectors reading the game doesn't start

HERE ARE MY PROBLEMS:

Method 1 - the program CD Wizard doesn't run on my XP machine because the OS is unsupported by the program. I've looked for the same program on the net that uspports XP Professional, I found nothing. I suppose I can just find a WIN 98 machine and try it on there.

Method 3 - I downloaded FIRE BURNER 1.06 and it doesn't pick up any of my cd burners. I then downloaded the latest version I could find (v2.2?). I then loaded the.cue file for Dracula X and it gave me a prompt saying it needed the.WAV files. It can "see" the.wav files in the folder I put them in, but the older version of Fire Burner (1.06) does.

so I'm looking for any alternatives to burn the files right onto the disc correctly so that it will be picked up as Dracula X when I run the emulator (Magic Engine).

thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

• 4 weeks later...

this was a problem for me for a while too, So I decided to ignore the instructions. Heres what I done to get a perfect copy of the game, Simply download nero go into file/open and select the file type to open as cue sheet, then simply click on the cue sheet in whatever folder you have all the files in and burn.

Also alot of people find that once they burn the game they cant hear the music only the sound effects. This is not a problem with how you burned it, the problem is that the digital line that goes from your cd rom drive to your motherboard is not conected. The digital line is usually a small black connection that fits onto a 4 pin conection on the motherboard.

Hope this helps anyone having any problems.

:D thankyo very very much hyper wolf, finally it worked for my, after many tryings, failed burnings, looking for the d..m programs to burn i did it whit nero, thanks alot, i was wandering how to burn it whit nero..thanks buddy :D

:P and thamks for the audio thing, yes you are right!!! this gamne needs the digital or analog audio conection from the cd rom to the audio or mother board otherwise the music will not be availeable. and waoooo :D the music is delicious whit cd queality amazing right now i am just plating it, it is not that hard..actually is the first time i play this catlevania

thanks hyperwolf..theres a lot of people having trouble to burn that game right now!! and is just so easy thanks :)

Im using Magic engine v0.98. It sounds like its not detecting your CD rom drive. Try deleting a file in your magic engine folder called PCE and restart the emulator. If this dosent work try downloading a newer version or if you still have the zip of the emulator just delete the files in its folder and put the zipped ones in.

this was a problem for me for a while too, So I decided to ignore the instructions. Heres what I done to get a perfect copy of the game, Simply download nero go into file/open and select the file type to open as cue sheet, then simply click on the cue sheet in whatever folder you have all the files in and burn.

Also alot of people find that once they burn the game they cant hear the music only the sound effects. This is not a problem with how you burned it, the problem is that the digital line that goes from your cd rom drive to your motherboard is not conected. The digital line is usually a small black connection that fits onto a 4 pin conection on the motherboard.

Hope this helps anyone having any problems.

what version of nero did you use?