Rename emulators

dickalan

Hey guys 1st post!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change the name of emulators running evox dashboard...??

So for example when you click emulators it says:

FCE

Surreal

I would like to go from that to:

FCE> NES

Surreal> Nintendo 64

etc.

Thanks!!!

Actually I figured it out: Here's how...

1) Go to this web site: http://xbox-scene.com/tools/tools.php?page...upVVkukWlGSZXUy

scroll down till you see 'XBE Renamer' It has a 1 paragraphed description of what the program does. Look closely... and you'll see a 'download' link. click, download, install, run program. Read the 'read me' file under 'usage' will explain all you need to know.

It will help you out from there...

You need to edit the program's xbe titles. Unfortunately Evox can't do it. If you have Xbox Media Center you can though. Open Media Center and go into the programs/emulators menu, then highlight the program you want to rename and press the white button. Then select edit xbe title, the virtual keyboard will come up, use it to edit the title. Press start. The program's name will change in the list. When you go back to Evox you will see that the names have changed there too, and in any other dashboard too.

Then realise that XBMC is way better than Evox and you should be using it as your dash.

I have Evox as a backup to XBMC.

... Or use "cxboxtool 2", this allows to edit the default.xbe very easily.

Get it HERE

I forgot to say it's a program running on a PC, (so no need of any special dash)

Hey guys 1st post!

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to change the name of emulators running evox dashboard...??

So for example when you click emulators it says:

FCE

Surreal

I would like to go from that to:

FCE> NES

Surreal> Nintendo 64

etc.

Thanks!!!

Try UnleashX in my opinion the most powerful dashboard ;)

Hey did you all read the question ?

-> only make "FCE" appear as "NES" in the emu list, or "Surreal" appear as "N64" under evox.

XBox users are poets sometimes ;)

-1- Place the default.xbe (from the emu you want to rename) in a folder on your PC

-2- Open Cxbox Tool from your PC

-3- go to "Edit XBE-title"

-4- select your XBE-file (from the folder where you've placed it), the actual title appears (FCE, MekaX...)

-5- rename it (NES, Master System...)

-6- remove the cross in "create a new file" then click on "edit title"

-7- replace the default.xbe on your XBox

-8- in your Dash the name has been changed (to protect the innocents)

Hey did you all read the question ?

-> only make "FCE" appear as "NES" in the emu list, or "Surreal" appear as "N64" under evox.

XBox users are poets sometimes ;)

-1- Place the default.xbe (from the emu you want to rename) in a folder on your PC

-2- Open Cxbox Tool from your PC

-3- go to "Edit XBE-title"

-4- select your XBE-file (from the folder where you've placed it), the actual title appears (FCE, MekaX...)

-5- rename it (NES, Master System...)

-6- remove the cross in "create a new file" then click on "edit title"

-7- replace the default.xbe on your XBox

-8- in your Dash the name has been changed (to protect the innocents)

Yeah I read it, and told him the only way I knew how to do it, which is in XBMC, either as an app or a dash. I didn't know about any PC based tools for doing it. Thinking about it now, in Evox, you can make the titles appear as anything you want without actually editing the xbe names. It can be made so that each emulator has it's own specially named menu entry instead of using the auto add command. But it's easier to just change the xbe titles so that the name change takes effect in any dash.