Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

MUGEN?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

alexis

alexis

Argentina Football Ownz

• Ultra Members
  • 1,735 posts
Click to view battle stats
thnkx a lot :rolleyes:

The TeamPlayer

The TeamPlayer

The Dreamslayer

• Premium Members
  • 333 posts
No problem. Have you seen some of my edits in the sprite contest?
http://www.1emulatio...?showtopic=3094

BTW what kind of music are you trying to rip?

Edited by The TeamPlayer, 08 December 2003 - 04:23 AM.

-VIOLENCE-

-VIOLENCE-

Fashion Photographer*~ I Make Anorexia CHIC!

• Premium Members
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:The Arts [Commercial Illustration , Digital Image , Gothic High Renaissance] , Photography , Video Game , Computer , Chocolates , Reading , Spanking , S&M , Jean Paul Gaultier Jewellery , Shopping, MAXin Credit Cards, ETC.
Hey everyone, team player :rolleyes:

I downloaded this other version of M.U.G.E.N. this older version i think that came before the one that i used to use.

Which version you think is better?

i use the 2000.04.14

and i think the other one i used to use was 2001.04.14

also i was looking inside the file folders for these sprites and it showed pictures of mr. gung fu in multiple poses, talking about these are the correct axis size or whatever. Is that the rules i'm supposed to follow? like size up all the characters according to that chart?

oH yeah, i finished an animation teamplayer! lol... embarrassed***
now don't laugh okay..

here is K' doing his special uppercut tell me if this is what i'm supposed to do in order to put this inside my game...

Posted Image

don't laugh now... at least the background is pink!!! ^^;

Posted Image

The TeamPlayer

The TeamPlayer

The Dreamslayer

• Premium Members
  • 333 posts
2001.04.14 is best, unless you can run the Linux version. Then you would want it.

also i was looking inside the file folders for these sprites and it showed pictures of mr. gung fu in multiple poses, talking about these are the correct axis size or whatever. Is that the rules i'm supposed to follow? like size up all the characters according to that chart?

Yup. Also be sure to read all his files and the other docs. I printed them all out myself.

As for the animation. You did good with ripping the frames. But there is still 3 flaws.
1. I see something appear in the right hand side of the pic.
2. The shadow is still there, mugen gives characters a shadow itself. (technically the stages do)
3.His fire effect should be a seperate animation.

All effects are ripped seperately.
You are going the right track though, I look forward to seeing more progress. :rolleyes:

-VIOLENCE-

-VIOLENCE-

• Premium Members
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:The Arts [Commercial Illustration , Digital Image , Gothic High Renaissance] , Photography , Video Game , Computer , Chocolates , Reading , Spanking , S&M , Jean Paul Gaultier Jewellery , Shopping, MAXin Credit Cards, ETC.
wow, hee i'm glad i'm going the right way :D

you said i must make the fire effect seperate? Sooo that means i will have to crop out K' and just make frames of the fire ne?

THANKS TEAM PLAYER! :)

The TeamPlayer

The TeamPlayer

The Dreamslayer

• Premium Members
  • 333 posts
Technically you don't HAVE to. But most creators do. I am just trying to get you in the habit early on. It will help you reduce your sff size by using certain sprites over again. Like if K used one of these frames for a different move you would have it ripped twice, once with and once without the fire.

Also if you ever decided to make the fire have any special effects such as transparities or something you would have to rerip them.
Many other good reasons not to link your effects to your characters.

-VIOLENCE-

-VIOLENCE-

• Premium Members
  • 873 posts
For the background music, can they be wavs or mp3 format?

- thanks team player!

The TeamPlayer

The TeamPlayer

The Dreamslayer

• Premium Members
  • 333 posts
Both.
But I only use MP3s.

Ryu Kazama

Ryu Kazama

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts
Man, I've finally found someone who is willing to help so often.

Anyway, I'm new to this area, and I too got confused by that Kawak Sprite Ripping method.

I'm not too bothered on SNK characters right now, but I was wondering if you could give me some help on ripping Capcom characters from games such as Alpha 2 or something.

I've added you to my MSN list (same name as I am using here) so hopefully you can give me some live help.

I currently use Kawaks, but if you recommend other Emu's for better rips then please do let me know.

I want to try and work with Mugen myself now (not that I have that much time until June due to some important exams) and also learn how to edit and create my own sprites (I saw your Morrigan one, that looks way cool).

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
You'll find some tutorials for sprite ripping here:
http://www.mugenguil...d/tutorials.htm
http://www.mugenguil....php?board=22.0

Ryu Kazama

Ryu Kazama

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 3 posts
Thanks, but I'm still stuck.

I mean, I can take the screens and all, but how exactly do I take them from a standing position without using those capture programs.

If you could run me through how you do it, or you've heard of doing it (Using Kawaks and a SF game such as Alpha) I'd very much appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users