MUGEN?

-VIOLENCE-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone, team player :rolleyes:

I downloaded this other version of M.U.G.E.N. this older version i think that came before the one that i used to use.

Which version you think is better?

i use the 2000.04.14

and i think the other one i used to use was 2001.04.14

also i was looking inside the file folders for these sprites and it showed pictures of mr. gung fu in multiple poses, talking about these are the correct axis size or whatever. Is that the rules i'm supposed to follow? like size up all the characters according to that chart?

oH yeah, i finished an animation teamplayer! lol... embarrassed***

now don't laugh okay..

here is K' doing his special uppercut tell me if this is what i'm supposed to do in order to put this inside my game...

Kupper.gif

don't laugh now... at least the background is pink!!! ^^;

Sexyk.gif

2001.04.14 is best, unless you can run the Linux version. Then you would want it.

also i was looking inside the file folders for these sprites and it showed pictures of mr. gung fu in multiple poses, talking about these are the correct axis size or whatever. Is that the rules i'm supposed to follow? like size up all the characters according to that chart?

Yup. Also be sure to read all his files and the other docs. I printed them all out myself.

As for the animation. You did good with ripping the frames. But there is still 3 flaws.

1. I see something appear in the right hand side of the pic.

2. The shadow is still there, mugen gives characters a shadow itself. (technically the stages do)

3.His fire effect should be a seperate animation.

All effects are ripped seperately.

You are going the right track though, I look forward to seeing more progress. :rolleyes:

wow, hee i'm glad i'm going the right way :D

you said i must make the fire effect seperate? Sooo that means i will have to crop out K' and just make frames of the fire ne?

THANKS TEAM PLAYER! :)

Technically you don't HAVE to. But most creators do. I am just trying to get you in the habit early on. It will help you reduce your sff size by using certain sprites over again. Like if K used one of these frames for a different move you would have it ripped twice, once with and once without the fire.

Also if you ever decided to make the fire have any special effects such as transparities or something you would have to rerip them.

Many other good reasons not to link your effects to your characters.

For the background music, can they be wavs or mp3 format?

- thanks team player!

• 1 year later...

Man, I've finally found someone who is willing to help so often.

Anyway, I'm new to this area, and I too got confused by that Kawak Sprite Ripping method.

I'm not too bothered on SNK characters right now, but I was wondering if you could give me some help on ripping Capcom characters from games such as Alpha 2 or something.

I've added you to my MSN list (same name as I am using here) so hopefully you can give me some live help.

I currently use Kawaks, but if you recommend other Emu's for better rips then please do let me know.

I want to try and work with Mugen myself now (not that I have that much time until June due to some important exams) and also learn how to edit and create my own sprites (I saw your Morrigan one, that looks way cool).

Thanks, but I'm still stuck.

I mean, I can take the screens and all, but how exactly do I take them from a standing position without using those capture programs.

If you could run me through how you do it, or you've heard of doing it (Using Kawaks and a SF game such as Alpha) I'd very much appreciate it.