malloc out of memory in CoinOps Ignite Full Build

sbpaabck

Hey,

I have an xbox 1.4 with 64megs stock memory and an executer 2.1 lite (built in FTP server)

I was playing a game last night on Coinops Ignite Full Build and was surprised to receive a malloc out of memory error. Like a numpty i forgot which game...

I was wondering what I can do to fix this if I ever come across the problem again (as the games have been tested by Hellsfury and should load)

Is the executer 2.1 FTP server eating my memory?

I read that sometimes a "memory leak" can occur so I guess I would fix it if it was this by re-setting the xbox.

If that doesn't work then I guess I need to change the VM Settings? How do I do this and what would I change them to. I have tried to look this up but I still don't understand how it works.

If someone could take the time to explain step by step how to sort out the VM settings i'd be most grateful. Its not really a problem but I like to know how to fix things when they go wrong, it makes me feel less of a noob :ph34r:

Edited by sbpaabck

Hey,

I have an xbox 1.4 with 64megs stock memory and an executer 2.1 lite (built in FTP server)

I was playing a game last night on Coinops Ignite Full Build and was surprised to receive a malloc out of memory error. Like a numpty i forgot which game...

I was wondering what I can do to fix this if I ever come across the problem again (as the games have been tested by Hellsfury and should load)

ok, first, were you playing in 480p or 720p?

you say you were playing a game in coinops when you got a out of memory error, then you say (as the games have been tested by Hellsfury and should load) so which is it were you playing the game when it happened or did it happen when it was loading?

the reason i ask this is because if you were playing the game when it happened then some how you hit the back+A+B and it tried to take a screenshot and with some games there's not enough memory to go around and it will crash with out of memory error.

sbpaabck, i have a question for you.. you say you have a xecuter 2.1 lite with built in FTP server, how does that work because i have the same xbox as you but i have a xecuter 2.3b pro and i have never seen where it said it had a ftp server built in and of course i have never tried to use it. the only xecuter i know of that has a built in ftp is the x3 chip and i googled my a$$ off and could not find any info on this matter.. so if yours has it i would think mine would have it also unless it was buggy on the 2.1 chip and they took it out and didn't put it back in until the x3 chip.. so with that said can you tell me how to use the built in ftp.

edit: man i wish you knew what game it was.. can you try and find it again? in all honesty i could have missed a game as testing 1000 games is a real pain in the a$$.. took me about 8 hours and at the end my eyes were falling out of my head. :)

Edited by hellsfury

Hey,

ok, first, were you playing in 480p or 720p?

you say you were playing a game in coinops when you got a out of memory error, then you say (as the games have been tested by Hellsfury and should load) so which is it were you playing the game when it happened or did it happen when it was loading?

the reason i ask this is because if you were playing the game when it happened then some how you hit the back+A+B and it tried to take a screenshot and with some games there's not enough memory to go around and it will crash with out of memory error.

sbpaabck, i have a question for you.. you say you have a xecuter 2.1 lite with built in FTP server, how does that work because i have the same xbox as you but i have a xecuter 2.3b pro and i have never seen where it said it had a ftp server built in and of course i have never tried to use it. the only xecuter i know of that has a built in ftp is the x3 chip and i googled my a$$ off and could not find any info on this matter.. so if yours has it i would think mine would have it also unless it was buggy on the 2.1 chip and they took it out and didn't put it back in until the x3 chip.. so with that said can you tell me how to use the built in ftp.

edit: man i wish you knew what game it was.. can you try and find it again? in all honesty i could have missed a game as testing 1000 games is a real pain in the a$$.. took me about 8 hours and at the end my eyes were falling out of my head. :)

honestly dont worry about it. it was probably a local issue that will crop up from time to time.

As far as the FTP server is concerned maybe it is built into the dash software so that might not be the reason.

If it ever happens again I will PM you.

Compared to my last romset this release is a joy to behold so please don't worry about it. All I feel is gratitude so its not an issue.

I will try to report better if it happens again I promise