Mini Mirc Room

Diso

Since u need to share in dc++ and its kinda inorganized bcuz you don't know a lot of ppl there. I just created a non official mirc hub in the newnet server

get mirc at www.mirc.com

then connect to GameWarriors.NJ.US.GameSurge.Net

then type /join #1emu

Then talk to chit chat and stuff like that.

If we can get bots in there and stuff like that. That'll be cool :rolleyes:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im there already, no one there but the damn bot, lol !! and diso where are you ? :lol:  :D

lol sry, my brothers and i were uploading a few stuff for various communities that we had to shut all the servers down. All the servers hosted by me (Kaillera nd mIRC) are back up again ;)

http://xchataqua.sourceforge.net/ Great free IRC client for Macintosh users; Based on the IRC engine of the awesome X-chat.

http://www.xchat.org/ Great free IRC client for *nix or Windows users. No annoying nag screen with a photo of some foreigner begging you for $20 so you can use a program he wrote which allows you to access an open protocol (and he even breaks the DCC standard, too!). Heck, you don't even have to crack it. No guilt.

http://www.biatchx.org/ Another IRC client for *nix systems. Infamous for it's /quit messages.

mIRC is not all there is to IRC. Plese let any newcomers know that they _do_ have a choice in the matter, and don't have to put up with annoying software.

Sorry, just felt like I was on a mission there for a second.

lol thats some nice links for people who are new to mIRC

The mIRC hub is cool bcuz u can snatch mame 77 roms from me

However, it seems like the file server doesnt work properly all the time bcuz it failed to send some files to nezumi

PS: I only have 1 send and 10 queues so it may take a while to get files,

lol thats some nice links for people who are new to mIRC

The mIRC hub is cool bcuz u can snatch mame 77 roms from me

However, it seems like the file server doesnt work properly all the time bcuz it failed to send some files to nezumi

PS: I only have 1 send and 10 queues so it may take a while to get files,

As for the failures to send, it could either be my ISP or your ISP. I'm inclined to believe it was a problem closer to your end though, cause the text from your fserve was going slow. Like, 1 line a second. I eventually stopped, too. The 1-line a second thing prompted me to fire up filezilla and start sync'ing my slackware-current folder. (side note: my dialup connection sucks)

(by the way, my nick will probably be set to "cbp" as that;s the setting I have it on on just about every other IRC network I hop onto (cyberjunks, freenode, zerofuzion).

As far as "people new to mIRC"...

It's not mIRC. It's IRC. I hate to sound so zealous about it, but it really irks me that people assume that just because I'm using an IRC network, I'm connected with mIRC (well, except for the people on freenode. they all use biatchX or X-Chat).

It's gotten so bad, that some people now use Fserv's that only work with other people using mIRC. There's nothing open in that, and it's downright awful. Fserv's, DCCs, and XDCCs aren't broken like that under X-Chat. They actually work properly (and they don't hurt they eyes nearly as much, IMO. mIRC's black-on-white was just painful, and I was glad to let it go). These open standards are there so that everyone can have equal access to shared resources, not so that some dude can break the standard and give the people that use his software access to everyone else's, plus some exclusive which are exclusive to his client software.

Best thing mIRC has is Invision, but that's a script, and has nothing to do with the program itself. Best Fserv I've seen for X-chat is Obsidian (which is a perl script). Problem with it though, is that it announces via /msg, so I'm going through the script and I'm gonna get it right :D. The original author of Obsidian started using a different IRC client (one which doesn't have a Mac or Windows port, aimed at *BSD users), and so he stopped updating it. Since he released it under the GPL, I'll do the same with whatever change I make. Might can get some help with it after I get 0.9.3 out.