DS2Key 1.01 - Now with Windows and Linux console support

sypherce

Well the Pressure control would be used for a tablet feature, which would be the mouse because of the ease of stylus, pressure giving it depth, I myself have a tablet, but those who don't would benefit, and I know what it's like not to have a tablet, it really sucks.

I know all the stuff I included in my pictures arent going to all be in the next update, but it's something to maybe shoot for.

The panels are left to right then top to bottom.

1. - 3. This is the top screen in different modes, the only difference is the 'Mode' Label. This is where all the settings are here. To use the Top screen click on the bottom right of the bottom screen, this will switch the screens back and forth.

4. This is the main Mouse / Button mode. Options that affect this mode are: Mouse Selection (Should have modes relative and the other(dunno the name) and Mouse/Buttons (Dictates weather the mouse and buttons [or both] are active, touching a mouse zone will activate the mouse then the user will be allowed to slide into a button space without activating the button, this is curently available).

5. This is a Media Player consisting of Play/Pause, Stop, Next and Previous (and possibly a system volume, but when I tried to assign it in the config it didn't register). Options that affect this mode are: Media Player (This allows the selection of Windows Media Player and other common players).

6. This is the Pressure Calibration Screen. Here under Max you push as hard as you would, safely, while drawing. Under Min you press moderatly, when you reach this pressure your screen in mouse mode acts as a left click, anything bellow this level will only move the cursor. Options that affect this mode are: Pressure Sensitive (This allows no pressure, pressure and pressure only to click).

7. Is a sample of what the mouse / button mode would/should look like with some keys assigned to NONE.

8. Is a sample of a dropdown menu, the dropdown disapper when click, activating the selected. The 'Mode' dropdown will automatically switch the screens back.

Hope you like it. :unsure: If theres anything I didn't explain, ask, but I think I covered everything.

Sorry for not replying, I've been feeling dead for most of the week with work and all. Everything looks good to me, at least for a concept/basis to work from. About the pressure capabilities. I do agree that it would be useful at least in theory, but the actual pressure abilities of the DS I'm unsure of, in the past I've attempted using them and have had no accuracy with it. But I will look into it, I don't know if it's been improved in the libraries. Anyways, hopefully I get some time in the next month or so to work on DS2Key.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sypherce, many thanks for this wonderful piece of software. It's very simple to set up and works perfectly. Again, thank you.

I notice you were advising someone suffering from a bit of lag that he should go nearer to his router. I myself experienced an extremely small lag every 3 minutes or so. After taking your advice and putting the computer (and the ds) nearer to the router, this lag seemed to go. Unfortunately, I do not want to move into the living room and the router is kind of stuck there.

Initially, I had assumed this lag was either a bug that needed ironing out in your program, or a limitation of the DS's wireless capability. I had also imagined that the ds was just going directly to my wireless dongle going into my PC. Is there any way to actually get it to do this? After all, you can go direct to a PC with the official Nintendo DS dongle...

Initially, I had assumed this lag was either a bug that needed ironing out in your program, or a limitation of the DS's wireless capability. I had also imagined that the ds was just going directly to my wireless dongle going into my PC. Is there any way to actually get it to do this? After all, you can go direct to a PC with the official Nintendo DS dongle...

Sorry about the late reply. Only way you can connect directly to your wireless dongle is if the dongle has the ability to run as a software access point. WifiMax is one that I know of that can, so can the official Nintendo dongle that you mentioned, with hacked drivers. Currently dswifi doesn't contain the ability to connect in ad-hock mode either, there is another library that enables some form of direct communication between multiple DS's but I don't believe it can communicate with a PC.

• 4 weeks later...

Any plans on doing the analog you did at version 0.6 (client)?

My laptop uses MSVista and PPJoy does not work at all, is there a way to use the gamepad mode you design without this [PPJoy]?

I would love the Taito Paddle too, but as you said I am aware that is hard programming the use for it without the actual hardware.

Any documentation on the order of the profiles text?

Thanks for your AWESOME application, keep the good work; it does not matter how long you take as long as you are working on it.

Any plans on doing the analog you did at version 0.6 (client)?

My laptop uses MSVista and PPJoy does not work at all, is there a way to use the gamepad mode you design without this [PPJoy]?

Possibly in the future, but the only option that I know of would be to use PPJoy again, although I haven't looked for new options, there may be some at this point.

I would love the Taito Paddle too, but as you said I am aware that is hard programming the use for it without the actual hardware.
Perhaps in the future you could help me test the code to implement it?

Any documentation on the order of the profiles text?
Are you asking how to edit the profiles by hand? I can't remember off hand, but I can figure it out for you if that's what you're asking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, this looks great but how do I get the device to connect? I have Vista Home Premium and a DS lite with an R4 card. I placed the DS2Key.nds file in te root folder and activated the Windows app. So, I am now running the DS app as well but all I get is:

Connecting via WFC data...

and nothing more. I leave it to run, but nothing happens. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hello, this looks great but how do I get the device to connect? I have Vista Home Premium and a DS lite with an R4 card. I placed the DS2Key.nds file in te root folder and activated the Windows app. So, I am now running the DS app as well but all I get is:

Im having the same problem. Does any one have any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Im having the same problem. Does any one have any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks

You need to use a Wifi game, I used Mario Kart, to set your WFC settings. After that works you can switch back to DS2KEY and try it.

I'm having an issue where after DS2Key connects my NDSLite just turns off. I'm using an R4 chip, any suggestions?

I would guess that you need to apply the DLDI patch to the .nds file for your card. Not sure if that's it but that's all that comes to mind.