Download Section

Lucandrake

This thing has been down for a LONG while now....why not put it up again, but with a notepad titled "Downloaded from 1Emu" in the rar. Not to mention those of us who are active members of pirate ships can hop aboard and upload a majority of these emulators with the same message.

Advertisement! Just a suggestion ^.^.

• 2 weeks later...

At least don't require registration to download attachments. :thumbsup1:

Yeah, good idea. Then anyone can come and leech from us without even having to make a single post :D

Haha I didn't want to say anything... but I see I'm not alone. Time is money... Registering is a small price to pay, if one is to use our resources.

do you know how many times I have registered at some random forum just to download something, then never to return again?

well do you?

cuz I can't remember but it is alot.

do you know how many times I have registered at some random forum just to download something, then never to return again?

well do you?

cuz I can't remember but it is alot.

Your not the only one, if I had a dollar for every time I....you get the rest.

But still......... I realize that we have a ton of members who have zero posts... I guess registering is a worthless middleman, but what else can we do? Let people suck up our resources for nothing? Information is free, but time IS money. It took some time for me to have what I have. I can only imagine how valuable everyone eases time is worth. Advice... software...

Besides... this site is awesome... who wouldn't want to be a part of it??? :thumbsup1:

I also don't think that forcing people to register just to download attachments is a good idea. If you really want people to join your forum, it's supposed to be the discussions and the content of the board that draws a user in... forcing people to register by posing heavy restrictions for guests (like not being able to view topics/images/attachments etc. at all without registering, especially if the attachments are something fairly generic in nature) does no good, unless the primary goal from the very beginning has been to keep the board private and invite only.

A good example would be this one site I stumbled across when trying to solve a virus problem that my friend had. The only way you could download removal tools was to register and take part in posts some arbitary number of times before you were deemed "worthy enough" to get access to their download section.

OK OK.... registering is moot. And all it does in give us a ridiculous roster of non active members... I sometimes search, and see guys who haven't been on since 04... It is pointless.

So registering them is rather pointless. In fact... it is a negative, as it wastes memory. And as you say, some material is fairly generic.

Hmmmm. What is the standings on this. Is there a legitimate reason for it to be this way? Id rather see members who join willingly. (no... I am not going back on what I said previously, I was just saying) I see people join daily, but for no reason other than this one here apparently. Who wants a list of inactive members?