Megaman Legends 2 problems...

Shinobu

I just finished Megaman Legends 1, and wanted to contunue the series with MML2... but I seem to have encountered a problem. I have ePSXe 1.6.0(the most up to date one) with:

Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76(Nice setting)

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50

ePSXe CDR WNT/W2k core 1.5.2

I have to use a soft reset JUST to get to the title page for the game, then when I go to start the game, it starts at the Clouds... but it never progresses ANY FARTHER then that. I dont hear any sound, all I see is the clouds scrolling by. I even changed the video settings to a faster video and for 5 minutes of that fast speed, NOTHING CHANGED. What do I do to get past the stupid infinate cloud scene? I have Windows Vista, on a laptop with 4gb memory, 600gb hard drive, the most up to date graphics/sound cards to date in a laptop(Custom made for highend videogames). and yet others play this game without any problems. What settings do I need to have to get the same ability to play the game? =3 please help me.

lol Shinobu

Correction: The latest version is 1.7.0, Furthermore, if your PC (and video card) can handle it, you should be using Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, it is much better than the regular OGL one. Check Pete's homepage for that.

After that, you might want to tell us what kind of settings you are using with the OGL2 plugin.

lol Shinobu

Correction: The latest version is 1.7.0, Furthermore, if your PC (and video card) can handle it, you should be using Pete's OpenGL2 plugin, it is much better than the regular OGL one. Check Pete's homepage for that.

After that, you might want to tell us what kind of settings you are using with the OGL2 plugin.

I downloaded 1.7.0, but when you check the "ABOUT" on it, it clearly is written 1.6.0 =P I download the pete's OGL2 just like you said. ^_^ I always use the preset "Nice" settings because I like smooth gameplay. the zoom in when you enter the game cleared up... but I am still at the Infinate Cloud scene... Where NOTHING HAPPENS AT ALL, no music, no sound effects, just minutes on minutes long of cloud scrolling. =3 So now what oh wise working program?

Edited by Shinobu

Checked Help --> About. Mine clearly says 1.7.0.

Tested the game, no problems apart from slight desync in the lipsync (ha). What integrated graphics chip do you have in that laptop of yours? Do note that the perceived performance in regular PC games can't be directly compared to emulation, especially when integrated graphics chips are involved.

Checked Help --> About. Mine clearly says 1.7.0.

Tested the game, no problems apart from slight desync in the lipsync (ha). What integrated graphics chip do you have in that laptop of yours? Do note that the perceived performance in regular PC games can't be directly compared to emulation, especially when integrated graphics chips are involved.

lesee here I got a:

NVIDIA GeForce 8700M GT

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU

SigmaTel High Def Audio CODEC

I dont know what else I am supposed to list... I am in the device manager area where all the hardware would be listed. Cant you just tell me what I should do to have THIS game run alot like yours? Since I can play Megaman Legends 1 with no problems other than the obvious desync to lipsynching, as well as Misadventures of Tron Bonne(Finished both games)... its just Megaman Legends 2 giving me problems. After Capcom, you have to hold in Start+Select to get to the title screen otherwise it wont. If you let the demos run, it will go through 3 of them and go back to that black screen(supposed storyline supposed to go) Where did you get your Megaman Legend 2 rom? That could be the problem...

I can't really tell you anything that I haven't already told you; there are no specific checkboxes that you should tick or anything of that sort.

Although... how are you loading the disc image? Are you using the direct loading that's coded into ePSXe or are you mounting the image with virtual drive software (like Daemon Tools) and booting the game from there?

I can't really tell you anything that I haven't already told you; there are no specific checkboxes that you should tick or anything of that sort.

Although... how are you loading the disc image? Are you using the direct loading that's coded into ePSXe or are you mounting the image with virtual drive software (like Daemon Tools) and booting the game from there?

I always use the Run ISO through ePSXe for all the games I play for the PS system, so I guess its a direct loading. Open ePSXe>File> Run ISO>open legends2.img file

Certain games get problematic when booted via that method, but I don't remember if Megaman Legends 2 was one of them. Worth a shot anyway. I never used that feature myself.

>.> What feature DID you use? Did you load through a imaging program via Daemon tools and ran off the CD-Rom feature? I need to know what YOU did to make it work as it does. What method is the fail-safe method of being able to play the game WITHOUT having the official game copy itself? I've always used the method I listed because its the only actual working method for me. I have not had a single problem with any other game up till now. (other than Blood Omen:Legacy of Kain where if you get to the certain part of a castle stage, it will automatically freeze up on you no matter what you do)

Edited by Shinobu

Yes, I mount disc images via Daemon Tools, and use ePSXe's Run CD-ROM option. Of course, the CD-ROM plugin has to be configured to read from the right drive, naturally. If the game is properly ripped, it doesn't really matter if you have a disc image; it's just as good as the original copy.

Yes, I mount disc images via Daemon Tools, and use ePSXe's Run CD-ROM option. Of course, the CD-ROM plugin has to be configured to read from the right drive, naturally. If the game is properly ripped, it doesn't really matter if you have a disc image; it's just as good as the original copy.

well the good news is... it works Perfectly... It seems this is the ONLY game in my collection thats got the iso run flaw. If I encounter any other problems, I'll just mount the iso image to daemon, and run off the CD-ROM. :P I honestly never knew of that method can also be used to play games too =3 thanks