Xmugen SKY SPECIAL EDITION

9tendo

That's seems very unnecessary. For someone who's going to be playing a fighting game with either the CPU or another human, 1,000 characters is vastly excessive.

Then along with all of those characters and stages, comes long loading times, random crashes, (due to some characters not being compatible or having poor coding), and a large case of indecisive character selecting.

How many characters a game has doesn't make the game better, everyone on YouTube thinks that having 1,000,000 different MUGEN characters makes their game better or the de facto fighting game. I just don't see the point of it, it brings along more pain and agony than it's worth.

ive tried messing about with xmugen myself,got it to load up and it would just crash on me every time.to cut a long story short i gave up.

Same here :D That's why I've been compilation hunting - much easier. Xmugen doesn't like widescreen and custom xb partitions, such as an even split F and G. Aside from that, reliability depends on how much effort the person made into testing their compilation out. I prefer seanp2500s release, since it's polished and load times are bearable.

That's seems very unnecessary. For someone who's going to be playing a fighting game with either the CPU or another human, 1,000 characters is vastly excessive.

Then along with all of those characters and stages, comes long loading times, random crashes, (due to some characters not being compatible or having poor coding), and a large case of indecisive character selecting.

How many characters a game has doesn't make the game better, everyone on YouTube thinks that having 1,000,000 different MUGEN characters makes their game better or the de facto fighting game. I just don't see the point of it, it brings along more pain and agony than it's worth.

I agree, it's ridiculously slow to load and grossly imbalanced. It's great for laughs though :D

Edited by 9tendo

fumanchu - another good tip for PC to Xbox transfer is to convert your compilation to an ISO first using QWIX. Then upload/extract to the Xbox using QWIX.

I had problems with xmugen crashing when trying to upload it raw via FTP program. QWIX method worked great though.

Edited by 9tendo

fumanchu - another good tip for PC to Xbox transfer is to convert your compilation to an ISO first using QWIX. Then upload/extract to the Xbox using QWIX.

I had problems with xmugen crashing when trying to upload it raw via FTP program. QWIX method worked great though.

i WISH we did not need linux to play this :(

you dont need to install linux on your xbox to play it,as xmugen runs with a small linux distro.its just a case of putting the files in the correct drives.

you will find details on how to install and there is a download link here where you can download everything and is ready to go.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?sho...3357&st=330

i havent tried myself as i have more than gaming to be getting on with just now.