Beatmania games

Tynvar

I've been posting this all over and no one seems to able to help me. I'm trying to use MAME to run the Beatmania series of games but for some reason they don't show up as available. My first guess is that I don't have the bios for it. Does anyone know how to make them run? If it's the bios what's it's name? :D

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

It so happens that I'm downloading the CHD's for the Beatmania games now! <_<

You're problem is probably that the file name for the CHD's (something like this - 847jaa11.chd) is the wrong name. You wil have to rename the big CHD file (can't remember whether you only rename CHD folder or actual CHD file) to the same name as the ROM.

If you have never used CHD's before, heres how to

You will need WinRar. All you have to do is download all the parts of the CHD (there's about 4 parts to the first beatmania). Then you need to highlight all the parts and select "extract files..." and OK. This should combine all the parts into 1 CHD file. You can then delete all the parts and just keep the CHD.

Remember to leave the CHD in the folder, and place the folder in the Roms directory.

:) Hope that helped!!

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Hello again.

Just got Beatmania 4th mix and the chd has to keep the name it starts with (847jaa11). but the folder it comes in needs renaming to the rom name (bm4thmix)

See you later