Win2DS and DS2Win 0.82 Source

monkeynz

To compile the server under Delphi 7, you'll need to get Indy 10 (free download)

Win2DS (Server) source code can be downloaded from:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/335522/n/Win2DS_source_zip

DS2Win (Client) source code can be downloaded from:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/783dcd/n/DS2Win_source_zip

Good luck to any developers who pick this up!

DS2Win.source.zip

Win2DS.source.zip

Posted in news.

I couldn't attach the sources to the news post, though, because I don't have enough space :/

Someone else should go ahead attach them.

Posted in news.

I couldn't attach the sources to the news post, though, because I don't have enough space :/

Someone else should go ahead attach them.

There's some sort of bug, if you have attachments in the news, it kills the front page.

Better just to direct ppl to this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

posted this in the other .82 thread many weeks ago, never got a reply, posting it on this thread before i start tackling the code myself. will probably just recompile on a different port, havent even looked at dns yet. please read original poster!

long tiem lurker, first time poster, sorry i have to start with a request:

Great app, good choice on delphi, nice of your to put UPX in the source zip, haha. but seriously, i have never coded any c/++ for the DS and if oyu are willing to add 2 EASY features then lord help me i wont have to

Request:

1. Variable port. VERY easy to add. needs 1 additional text box (and some bound checking) in the server app, and adding a second argument to sendTouchUDP, adding another popup screen, or adding parsing to the IP in the format of XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT. i know i could do this, but lets be honest you are MUCH more familiar with your code already, and have ds coding experience, so i beg you please, add an option to change default port. if you have to, you could skip the ds menu input of the port and just read it from the ini file along with the IP. it would mean the user would have to connect once on the default port, but could then go into the INI with any text editor.

2.DNS instead of or in addition to IP. i'm pretty sure libwifi has this in it already, all that would need to be done is check if the IP stored in the ini fits the standard XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX, or XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:PORT if request #1 gets filled haha, and if it doesnt, dns lookup on null term'd c-string and return resultant IP. this one might be a bit harder ,im not sure i could do it, ive never written any code that does dns lookups, and im not intamitly familiar with the protocol beyond port 53, request, ack, data, ..., PROFIT!. so i'd be counting on you a LOT for this one.

if you are absolutely 110% uninterested in either of these ideas, which i think would greatly improve the usability of your app, especially across the internet instead of just locally, then i have one lsat request. please list all needed libraries besidesyour delphi assembler/IDE, any changes from default devkitPRO directories, and i guess wifi lib version. i'd REALLY hate to tread all through someone elses code then not be able to compile the darn thing

Thank you in advance, again this is a wonder program, you have mad great strides with it since your began with the source, and your code is mostly readable with very very few "omg what the hell" exceptions.

P.S. Comments dude, commends, you know what the function does, and i know what it does NOW, but i could have known 10 minutes ago hehehe j/k thanks again!

Thanks everyone for you kind comments!

Unfortunately since starting my own software development business in NZ, I haven't the time to further develop this software.

A few hints for those who'd like to recompile:

It should compile with a clean install of Delphi and Indy 10, or with a few small modifications it will run with Indy 9 that comes with Dephi 7.

The source for the DS code will compile under a default Devkitpro/ARM installation to c:\devkitpro\

I tried to make the code as straightforward as possible, and didn't have a fixed plan to release it so didn't comment the delphi much (compare it to the original C++ server, and you'll see the massive reduction in lines of code as I rewrote it - its much easier to follow now)

There is a bit of ugly stuff where I tried to make it handle virtual keys in a more compatible way, but hopefully future coders can work out the correct way to do it!

ok, so is that the official "im not touchin this code no more" post? cause im not one of those impatient people, im MUCH more lazy :rolleyes:

and seeing as how i am currently between projects, if you never ever ever intend to impliment dns lookup and port selection, then i'll get to it. only a couple more dialogs on the ds side (i'll probably repurpose the password dialog and not use your cool ip picker ) and one more box on the server. i cant see it taking more than a few days after i figure out how wifilib works :)

well, heres hoping that YOU do it, and failing that, i would gladly accept any pointers or advice you have about bugs you ran into or pitfalls to avoid, as this will be my first DS coding :)

oh last question, would you be offended if i changed the color of the menus? just to differentiate versioning??

ok, so is that the official "im not touchin this code no more" post? cause im not one of those impatient people, im MUCH more lazy :P

and seeing as how i am currently between projects, if you never ever ever intend to impliment dns lookup and port selection, then i'll get to it. only a couple more dialogs on the ds side (i'll probably repurpose the password dialog and not use your cool ip picker ) and one more box on the server. i cant see it taking more than a few days after i figure out how wifilib works :D

well, heres hoping that YOU do it, and failing that, i would gladly accept any pointers or advice you have about bugs you ran into or pitfalls to avoid, as this will be my first DS coding :)

oh last question, would you be offended if i changed the color of the menus? just to differentiate versioning??

Yes it was pretty official when i released 0.82 and called it the final version, I won't be working on it anymore, but I wish you all the best!

I won't be offended by any changes whatsoever (I've just improved the software anyway, the original author Sintax designed the GUI menuing system, and did a lot of the technical work). I just optimized it, fixed bugs and made it much more usable (before i worked on it a lot of the clicking was inaccurate, screen colors were garbled and it would only give you a screen update every 10 seconds or so, as well as not responding to keypresses half the time - due to the large delay between redrawing).

As long as future coders keep up the quality of the code and presentation, I'd be really happy to see people add more to this great little program - just DONT FORGET TO RELEASE YOUR SOURCE!!! No one since Sintax released their source (version 0.5) that I can see.. so all their changes were lost to the community.

As far as bugs go, the only one I came across was trying to call a procedure with a few too many arguments (I think it was 5) and it kept ignoring one - I was trying to pass the zoom level in the DS code - I had to write some kind of dirty fix to get around it, and the file reading/writing code is pretty basic, as I just did enough to get it working on my R4, as I didn't have other cards to test it with.

Good luck, and my sincere thanks to Sintax for starting off such a great project.

well, i can honestly say: crap. i mean uhhh, thanks for the heads up on arguments, i was going to be passing the ip in 4 parts, plus 1 part for the port. now i know i will have to parse a single argument, that alone probably saved me a food 3 hours of "wtf?".

i'll probably get started on it by this weekend, i was so sure i could con you into doing this i started reading some starlet asm tutorials for the wii. so i guess thanks for saving me from THAT hell too :D hahaha.

i promise i will try not to, but if i run into any problems (specific to your code, not ds compiling in general i promise) would it be ok to PM you?

thanks again, it really is good loking code, you really couldnt have made it much easier *cough*COMMENTS*cough* for some jackarse to pick up where you stopped. my appluase, adulation, respect, and hats off to you sir. hopefully you take up this past time again for future ds projects.