Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Where to get Roms

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
Click to view battle stats
well it seems mame.dk died again for whatever reason

does anyone know why?

does anyone know a site of equal...ummm....goodness to get me roms? or something close to it?

When will mame.dk be coming bakc damnit!!?!?!?!?

im just really confused now hehe sorry for all the questions...

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
Mame.dk is gone.......forever, well at least that seems to be the concensus as the word was that they lost EVERYTHING in a crash.
Best place to get roms? P2P programs IMO
Websites + roms = Thing of the past

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
the hell with that crap, now that mame.dk is gone, I think ppl should learn to appreciate this place a little more...I know I have ;)

ME!

ME!

I Hate You

• Premium Members
  • 946 posts
  • Interests:Don't ask! I dont want to freak you out.
yah, there are no more good sites out there that host roms. mame.dk is dead, Pulciaro is dead, and emuchina (aka romshare) is crap. my advice, get on direct connect. there are quite a few good hubs around, and with a little searching, you can build a descent collection of roms.

someboddy

someboddy

Sergeant Moderator

• Ultra Members
  • 1,657 posts
-edited out- is pretty good

Edited by Agozer, 02 February 2005 - 06:47 PM.

Weirdy

Weirdy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts

yah, there are no more good sites out there that host roms. mame.dk is dead, Pulciaro is dead, and emuchina (aka romshare) is crap. my advice, get on direct connect. there are quite a few good hubs around, and with a little searching, you can build a descent collection of roms.

ummm...excuse me, but I posted a site that has EVERY MAME rom along w/good download speeds and stuff. The registration is free and I'm sure they won't delete you if all you do is download. Anyway, just make sure you turn off your firewall first, cause this place uses cookies. And it'll flock up if you have your firewall on

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,451 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.

ummm...excuse me, but I posted a site that has EVERY MAME rom along w/good download speeds and stuff. The registration is free and I'm sure they won't delete you if all you do is download. Anyway, just make sure you turn off your firewall first, cause this place uses cookies. And it'll flock up if you have your firewall on

That site is giving me a registration error. ;)

Weirdy

Weirdy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
turn off your firewall first cause I haven't gotten an error. Anyways, romshare still works(they still have snk roms and crap like that)

James

James

Emulation Master

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,884 posts
i know of a aussie site that has complete mame rom sets up to mame 77

Edited by james, 13 November 2003 - 12:00 PM.

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
thanks alot!

i AM in direct connect but it was the orginization of mame.dk that i liked

i mean...if i see somethink like sgf4 (i made up the name) i wouldnt be able to tell what it is....i mean yeah i can recognize something like mslug4 but damn!! hehe

well thank i appreciate it!! Nice site weird ill definatly use that one!!

The reason i want to use a website still is because i mooch off of my schools T1 line and i dont feel like reinstalling DC every time i want to use it, also they wouldnt have roms on them so i would get booted hehe

those computers get re-formatted every night....soooooo bad for the harddrives......

i wont even get started about how stupid my school is about technology....

nezumi

nezumi

Resident Linux Zealot

• Premium Members
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Learning Linux/Apache/PHP/MySQL<br>Emulation<br>Computer Hardware<br>Historical European Swordsmanship
IRC.

I've never liked P2P for much of anything, too much crap, not enough technically inclined people (I mean, why the heck would someoen bother sharing a MP3 at a bitrate lower than 192 kbps, it's just not high quality enough).

Problem with IRC now though, is that some morons get the notion that IRC == mIRC, when in fact mIRC != IRC. IRC's a standard, a protocol, not some cheap demoware program with the 16th letter of the alphabet in the front of it that breaks DCC functionality and includes security holes. Sorry, ranting.

Anyways, I like IRC. Provided the bot script doesn't use some sort of mIRC-specific non-standard crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users