2008 Review of the PS3

Gouken

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can wipe that smirk off your face MGS4 came out already ty.

In other news, Halo 3 got a higher score story-wise the MGS4 on GTTV.com, power to the players?

True, I had a friend over who adores his 360. We've always fought on which system is better, but at least we're good at giving the other points for when something actually goes right. He really wanted to see MGS4 and what the hype was all about. So I let him play the Alaska level for a bit.

He flat out told me the 360 could not do it. My friend, the biggest xbot I know, told me the PS3 has it's game finally. He hadn't seen my PS3 since before the store redesign pretty much and it wasn't very exciting to look at. But now it's definitely shaping up.

Anyways, I thanked him for the compliments and then showed him how gimped In-Game XMB is. I love the message function, but they need to flesh it out more.

Edited by Gouken

Yes, like people said the Genesis couldn't 'do' SF2. Yes, it couldn't compete with the SNES version on most levels, but they did it and played to the system's strengths, improving it in some areas. Sure the 360 couldn't replicate MGS4 as it stands, but they could still pull it off.

Yes, like people said the Genesis couldn't 'do' SF2. Yes, it couldn't compete with the SNES version on most levels, but they did it and played to the system's strengths, improving it in some areas. Sure the 360 couldn't replicate MGS4 as it stands, but they could still pull it off.

Oh yea, definitely, but it won't happen. Their is a lot in MGS4 that just can't be ported besides the graphics.

Example: iPod

Microsoft will not allow such a feature to be in the game because they are supporting their Zune player. How would Apple feel if it was taken out? I'm sure Konami and Apple have a contract.

But on the technical side, the HDD is used heavily for this game and making it for the 360... things would need to change, drastically. Pretty much everything would have to be recoded, everything. And a new way of implementing the game on the 360 would have to be devised. It would be to costly in my opinion, besides, the game is selling incredibly well on the PS3. If it wasn't, I would see Konami sweating and doing a port to recoup losses, that's if Sony and Apple would let them.

Edited by Gouken

Luckily I'm not an MGS fan then :P

Friends that have this have all praised it very highly though. It's a pity a port would be as difficult as you pointed out. I'd still like to play it, fan or not.

Luckily I'm not an MGS fan then :P

Friends that have this have all praised it very highly though. It's a pity a port would be as difficult as you pointed out. I'd still like to play it, fan or not.

I enjoyed every minute of it. Sure some parts you're just going to be watching and not playing, but those are the perfect parts to grab that snack you've been meaning to get and learn more about the story and characters. It's a great blend of movie and game, and Kojima pulled it off perfectly.

If you ever get the chance to play it, i suggest you do. Even if it's years and years from now and the PS3 costs 100 bucks.